Usc 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MichelAzer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear all international dentists,
This Thread is for USC applicants for year 2014.
Please feel free to ask and share your questions.

Best,

Members don't see this ad.

Do they require WES along with the other documents at the time we apply? Or just when accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
University of South California Herman Ostrow school of Dentistry.

Just when accepted

I am confused with what to send now and what to send if accepted! And what about the documentary proof to practice dentistry from the ministry of health! Do I send it now or if accepted ! Thank you in advance

i asked them and they said that at this point it's ok to send just the ECE evaluation but if you get accepted into the program then u'll have to provide a WES evaluation

i asked them and they said that at this point it's ok to send just the ECE evaluation but if you get accepted into the program then u'll have to provide a WES evaluation

So we have to send whats on their list! All of it! I mean if you can list the stuff to send now and the stuff to send later! Thank u

Anybody got WES done plz help .
Do we have to add everything since secondary education or just degree in respective country.
Thanks

Thanks dentist1027 .. The documnents are to be sent directly to WES from school or univ or we can send along with filled application.

So we have to send whats on their list! All of it! I mean if you can list the stuff to send now and the stuff to send later! Thank u
toefl score report from ets
NBDE score report ,notarized copy of your toefl score, notarized copies of diploma and transcript ,145 cheque ,personal photo, i think that's about it.you can find it on their website just to make sure

Members don't see this ad :)
toefl score report from ets
NBDE score report ,notarized copy of your toefl score, notarized copies of diploma and transcript ,145 cheque ,personal photo, i think that's about it.you can find it on their website just to make sure

Do we have to send the proof of work permit form ministry of health ??

Do we have to send the proof of work permit form ministry of health ??
i dont know what that is to be honest,from where i graduated we dont have such a thing as a work permit!

i dont know what that is to be honest,from where i graduated we dont have such a thing as a work permit!

Did u register yourself once u graduated?? if yes then thats what they are looking for.. Hope this helps.

Did u register yourself once u graduated?? if yes then thats what they are looking for.. Hope this helps.

No I haven't ..so that's why I was thinking to send everything then send the work permit later when I have it! Its gonna take me at least 2 months to get it

No but i just called them and they said that for some universities the diploma by it self can be a proof of license

which countries have you graduated from??? i have graduated from India and we had to register first..

your best bet is to call up the university.. this is the only university asking for a work permit!

What is meant by proof of license .
Can anybody expalin please .
I am from India ?
Like what is needed .
Thank you for help .

What is meant by proof of license .
Can anybody expalin please .
I am from India ?
Like what is needed .
Thank you for help .

after graduating there is a rule in India that u need to register yourself as a dentist.The registration receipt is the proof of license..

We need to send copy of receipt or tge copy of registration certf . Thanks

Could anyone tell me what kind of teeth do California schools use for the bench test? is it Columbia or Kilgore? help please.

Hi all,
Please does anybody know a place where I can prepare for the bench test?
I am a new graduate and working with typodont is givin me a hard time :(
Thank you

I don't have my license too. I had to take an exam and I did not, because I knew would not practice in my country. I'm regret now. So, it means I cannot apply this school? :(

USC need toefl for citizen?
because i saw this information in their website

If I’m a U.S. citizen, do I still need to take the TOEFL?

Only non-U.S. citizens and those without permanent resident status must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).

I don't have my license too. I had to take an exam and I did not, because I knew would not practice in my country. I'm regret now. So, it means I cannot apply this school? :(

they require that for sure - they will obviously accept your application fee no matter what so make sure that you will be at least considered before sending the fees.

hello Dr2020h, actually I was trained by a very good people, they are nice and give great help, and they have great experience
i still have the email where you can get in touch with them
dantydental at yahoo
best luck

Thanks Ramiz,
Do you know by any chance about there prices??
I heard that there is a course in Canada, they are charging too much and the course is worthless!!! thats what my friend said.
Can you give me more details about Danty Dental?

these guys prices are very reasonable and you get a great course, just contact them and you will be very satisfied

these guys prices are very reasonable and you get a great course, just contact them and you will be very satisfied
Thanks Ramiz, definitely I will contact them. :)

Send both.. and on a safer side notarize it
I just got an email from Herman Ostrow stating that they received my caapid application and none of the documents is required at this time. This means I dont have to send them the supplementary application until they ask me to submit? I am really confused, I was preparing all the documents to send them and now I get this email, what should I do?

I just got an email from Herman Ostrow stating that they received my caapid application and none of the documents is required at this time. This means I dont have to send them the supplementary application until they ask me to submit? I am really confused, I was preparing all the documents to send them and now I get this email, what should I do?

Do we have to wait for an email to send the supplementary requirements!i thought we send them right after CAAPID application.it doesn't say in their website that we have to wait right!

Perhaps its a new system this year- safer to go by the instructions in the email- since the college itself is asking you to wait

Perhaps its a new system this year- safer to go by the instructions in the email- since the college itself is asking you to wait
by supplementary app. do u mean TOEFL ,NBDE , and other documents?

by supplementary app. do u mean TOEFL ,NBDE , and other documents?

well I guess the questions are answered now...with the new mail

Last edited:
So we have to include a sealed report of ECE in the supplementary application?

Can anybody please list all the supplemental documents required by USC?
Also can I send them the toefl reports provided by ETS to me? Or is it mandatory to send it direct thru ETS?

Can anybody please list all the supplemental documents required by USC?
Also can I send them the toefl reports provided by ETS to me? Or is it mandatory to send it direct thru ETS?
Original Transcripts and Diploma Degree
Notarized Toefl score report other than the one you send electronically to the school
NBDE score report
2*2 photo
Document of License to practice dentistry in your country
Course by course evaluation by WES......now I am not sure as I have ECE and I dont know if I should include this in my envelope
$145 personal check/money order.

Please let me know if we have to include ECE in our envelope as they want WES.

So we have to include a sealed report of ECE in the supplementary application?
No there is no need to send ECE report to the university since you already sent a copy CAAPID

Original Transcripts and Diploma Degree
Notarized Toefl score report other than the one you send electronically to the school
NBDE score report
2*2 photo
Document of License to practice dentistry in your country
Course by course evaluation by WES......now I am not sure as I have ECE and I dont know if I should include this in my envelope
$145 personal check/money order.

Please let me know if we have to include ECE in our envelope as they want WES.

I am not sure about original transcripts. I think they want notarized copies of transcripts. Please make it sure. Secondly, as far as I know they want scores of ECE too. Later after admission they want WES I guess. That's what I find confusing about this University.

I am not sure about original transcripts. I think they want notarized copies of transcripts. Please make it sure. Secondly, as far as I know they want scores of ECE too. Later after admission they want WES I guess. That's what I find confusing about this University.
it is confusing! i guess i should give them a call and find out.

i just called them and they said that there is no need to send one directly to the university as long as you sent one via cappid.