USC interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldoc81

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I just received an email inviting me for the interview at USC scheduled for the 29th and 30th of October. It says they have a practical exam on 29th but i was wondering if they also have a theory exam!!! Interview is on the 30th.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everybody,
I just received an email inviting me for the interview at USC scheduled for the 29th and 30th of October. It says they have a practical exam on 29th but i was wondering if they also have a theory exam!!! Personal interview is on the 30th.

hi,
I also got my interview email..but there is not much information .Where will we get that all. Should we call them?

hi ..
congragulations both of u ....its gr8..cud u pls post ur stats ...so that v cud know the status !! thx a lot guys and my best wishes to dental doc81 and vinitha..

Members don't see this ad :)
my stats are part 1 88, ece 3.18 and toefl 267. Good luck to all those waiting

hey friends,,even i got an interview call from USC,,does anybody have an idea how many people are called???And also do they have only one batch of interview,,,
All the best to those who have beedn called and also to those who r waiting,,:thumbup:

hi! even i got a interview call scheduled on 29th and 30th of october.I was just wondering how r u guys preparing for the practical exam...

I got one too! Yippee!

Anyone else having trouble opening the exam equipment doc?

I got one too. Any girl wants to share hotel ?

Congrats to all who got the invitation.I also got the email invitation from meghan. How r u managing about the instuments?
Any girl willing to share room?
Good luck to all who r waiting.

Congratulation to all who got call and all the best for who are still waiting.

Yeah surmad we can talk about this.

Thanks,

hi guys..
I also have been called for interview at USC.I have one question for all of you who are attending for the interview..
I know that we have to carry our original certificates for interview.but, what about markscards?IN the ASPID application it was given ithat we are supposed to submit a sealed envelope of our markscards during the day of interview.Do all of you have a sealed envelope of your markscards from your previous dental school?PLease let me know.

Is there anyone attending from NewJersey or east side?

Best of luck to both who got interview calls and who are waiting.
anybody from san jose area? HOw are you guys going to arrange instruments for practical exam.
Hi nasa...my stats are 92, 253 and 2.86

even i am not able to open the exam equipment cost attachment,,,is it really 1600$ for instruments:eek: ,,how r u guys managing such big amt,,and also I have some instruments with me such as the diagnostic and some condensors,rgs 1,2 etc,,,so can i buy only the remaining ones or do i have to buy the whole stuff from university as a package:scared:
and most of all in this short span of time how u guys are preparing for practical exams,,,And plz if anyone knows what exercises do we have to do in exam plz post it,,
and also do we have any theory exam?????
plz if anybody knows answers for these questions,,plz post it,,help will be greatly appreciated..

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email of invitation too....

My problem is applying for the visa to the states... this might take a while :(

What is all this abouit the exam equipment cost.... they want us to buy everything!

1600$ too much money and it doesn't mean they accepted us in the program!

Anybody want to talk more about it and make a plan with me they are welcome...

Good luck everyone :cool:

I got one too! Yippee!

Anyone else having trouble opening the exam equipment doc?

If u have trouble opening it, first save the file in ur computer and then u can open...

I got the invitation too. 1600 is the fee for instruments, i am going to become bankrupted.

Hi,

Wish you all the best for your practical exam and interview. :luck: :thumbup:

i too got an email for the interview on 29 n 30th... anyone flying from chicago? ....also for sharing accomodation? (female roommate)...

checked my e-mail & what do u know?...FINALLY heard from USC!!!...I GOT AN INTERVIEW TOO!!! :)...woohoo! :)

BUT there's just one slight problem...i downloaded the 2007equipmentcost pdf file & it gave me an error msg!! :( ...i wrote to meghan telling her, but am worried i won't hear from her in time...so i was wondering if there was anyone out there that can copy it & paste in a PM for me...would appreciate it bigtime...thanks in advance ;)

oh yeah! & congrats to all who also got interviews :)...hard work does pay off after all...let's just hope we get in somewhere though ;)

I am also looking for accomodation.anybody interested in sharing hotel(female roomie)?and also anybody flying from New Jersey??

got the interview call too.....yipee!!!
any idea what preps are asked

hey friends plz tell me how u guys are arranging for instruments....god i am really worried and not sure if i wanna spend 1600:( ....

Hi All,
I too got an interview call today. 1600 for the equipment is crazy!!! :scared: Any suggestions for the practical exam?

Hi all
even i got an interview call. Anybody coming from seattle?

hey...

count me in too.... :D

Does anybody has idea about what they mean by #700 r.a., 33 1/2r.a.,701r.a., 701 f.g., 956 f.g.

Petition for delay of the interview

Who is with me?

I know many of you have difficulties attending multiple interviews.

I thought if all of us who have been invited to the USC interview send messages to the department, they might submit to the request and accept to delay the interview date!

Who is in?

Spread the news please...:thumbup:

Let the header of the message we will all send be the same!

hey,
i got an interview call too!!1600$ is insane!!is this how it works every year?how do students manage to pay that much?very confused wat to do..
any advice from previous students?

Hi All
I have also received an invitation for the interview.
It's going to be VERY HECTIC.First to San Francisco for UCSF,UOP till 28th & then without any break, it's USC.:scared: :scared:
Hope all goes well...............

Does anybody have idea what time we will be free on 30th? should we book ticket for 30th or 31th?

:confused:

hey dentzy even i will be coming from uop to usc for interview.
may be we can club in together.
meanwhile any female intrested in sharing room with me for 28 and 29th pls private msg me.
is it necessary to purchase all these instruments from them. wot kind of handpiece they need. i have a 4 hole handpiece , one i am gonna use in uop.

good luck to all those who r waiting. :thumbup:

hey friends i have a doubt,,,,assume that i pay 1600$ and buy the instruments,,and god forbid if i am not accepted in usc but fortunately i am accepted in some other school,,can i use the same instruments or do i have to buy again according to the school's list...I know that instruments will be the same but still u never know what rules the school is going to have,,,

If we can use the same instruments then i think we can afford to buy the instruments,handpiece and all stuff,,,plz somebody who is already accepted or who knows more abt all this plz clear this doubt,,,

Got an interview call to usc.1600 that is steep:hungover:oes anybody already at usc or any other school have any suggestions on that.Well it's good they emailed and let us know -i wonder how many candidates per seat???
Thanks and all the best to all here.

hi everyone

count me in !

I also got interview from USC. Still no word from any experienced fellow about equipment. i would also be flying from uop.

:laugh: 400 $ for high speed and 770 for slow speed. Man thats way much ............
I am not comfortable with a 130 $ handpiece yet :laugh: .
Hey by the way i dont even know wot does the most of this stuff from list means. Can some one help me with them ?
Mirror/Exp 3A/C. Pliers (1 Set) $20.81
#3 exp EXS3A $6.89 each

Thanks

Dear Friends
How may posistion are open at USC for this year? what is their acceptance ratio?

hey guys...about the equipment...i honestly don't think we have to buy the stuff from USC itself...they're just letting u know that they won't be providing any of it & we have to find it on our own...& they suggested their dental store as a place where we could buy it...

as to ppl who asked if we will be using this stuff later on, if we do or do not get accepted to USC, for sure we will if u plan on practicing as a dentist ;)

see u all there ;)

There are 32 seats and 100 will be called for interview. Eqyptianeyes77 is right. You do not have to buy instruments from there. They are just for your convenience. Just make sure you should bring everything what is on the list. I am not sure about Typodont if it would be equilibrated. You have to call book store to find out.

hi..

count me in .... I got interview call from usc too..

congratulations to all of them who got interviews and all the best to those who all are still waiting....

Well my question is how you all guys preparing for the practicals and how are you managing the instruments ...... confused ....:confused:

please reply

i got an interview call too.
congrats to all who have been invited.
i am not able to open exam equipment attachment,please can anyone mail me at [email protected].
i will appreciate ur help.
thanks and see you all at usc.

If anybody interested taking Duggan Study Institute's IDP clinical program ($2800) in LA, please call (909) 824-2362 x121 and ask for Girly. I had a talk with her and she is willing to schedule a course if enough ppl are interested.

you dont need to buy the instruments, you can borrow .
all the best.

Here is Equiptment Cost list

Attachments

• 2007_Exam_Equipment_Costs.pdf
    7.3 KB · Views: 209
hi guys,
good news that we dont have to buy instr from thm necessarily...ok, but thn how do we get the instr? borrow from whom? is anyone ready to lend or rent...? i m confused as where to start from...pls guide here.....

and i still cannot open that file of equipment costs...i would really appreciate if someone cut and paste the whole list....thanks.

If anybody interested taking Duggan Study Institute's IDP clinical program ($2800) in LA, please call (909) 824-2362 x121 and ask for Girly. I had a talk with her and she is willing to schedule a course if enough ppl are interested.

just now i called to duggnas institute and talked to girly but she said absolute "no",,they r no more conducting IDP,,last batch starts on oct13th,,so thats it,,i dont know where to start from,,,:scared:

Hi
Congratulations to all those who got the Interview.Does anyone have any idea when does the Interview start? It was not mentioned in the e-mail.

just now i called to duggnas institute and talked to girly but she said absolute "no",,they r no more conducting IDP,,last batch starts on oct13th,,so thats it,,i dont know where to start from,,,:scared:

I am Sorry. First, she asked me to look for more ppl. Later, she called me and informed that they have all the labs booked for rest of the month. Therefore, they can not run another session.

Hey Sweetgal,
I got an interview call too.I just wanted to know if u will be interested in sharing accomodation.apalease do let me know.
Thank you,
Neelima.