Use of fluoroscopy/office

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pain_doc

Old Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So a rep would like to use my office fluoroscopy suite to help educate other reps on a procedure. How much would you charge for use of fluoroscopy, my time, etc. I'm assuming it would be an hour or two at most ( I can limit it)?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'd use this as leverage when you negotiate on costs.

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed. If it is something you are interested in then just let it go. If he needs an employee to run the c arm and lock up after just let an employee do it for him directly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Few years ago I was offered 3-4k for a PI doc to use on Saturdays. I think including staffing.

Its an SIJ stabilization procedure that would need to be done at the ASC and not in the office, so there's no cost negotiation, etc, that would be of benefit to me. I'm sure they are just thinking it would be a lot cheaper for them to rent my fluoroscopy suite for a few hours than one of the teaching centers or ASCs. Not sure I want to do it, but non-clinical funds always help the bottom line..

Could you turn it into a paid gig where you’re one of the docs running a lab for the other docs training on the procedure

Could you turn it into a paid gig where you’re one of the docs running a lab for the other docs training on the procedure
Let’s try not to make “SIJ stabilization procedure” more of a thing than it already is…