Using Anki during rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandiego1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used anki a lot during pre-clinical years but am about to start rotations and was wondering how effective people found it during rotations. I worry about not having enough time to make cards but I'd really just like to hear from anyone thats tried to use it and if they thought it was effective.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I used mnemosyne, which is a similar program, and I kind of varied my strategy depending on the rotation. I think it's great for really driving home specific facts (vaccine schedules for peds, tests to order at different stages of pregnancy in ob/gyn, etc.) but I didn't have time to use it for EVERYTHING. My typical strategy was read X number of pages in a rotation-specific review text, make a few cards of the really high yield concrete facts, review some cards, go back to reading. I didn't really use it at all during surgery, I just didn't have time.

My goal was to keep up with ALL my cards from the first 2 years plus add on clinical stuff... yeah... that hasn't happened :-/

go back to reading. I didn't really use it at all during surgery, I just didn't have time.thanks for your sharing
JM1IkP