USyd class of 2011???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canadianchick55

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm a Canadian who heard in September that i was accepted at USyd for Feb 2008....has anyone else heard?? and was anyone else surprised that they gave out offers before the last round of interviews even happened? I was in shock for a couple of days!! haha

This forum could be a good way to start getting to know other people who are taking the plunge and moving down under (and willing to be burdened with debt for life, haha). Maybe say where you're from, which city you interviewed in (I'd love to meet those ppl again!), what you did before this....

I'm from Calgary, AB originally, just finished up a BSc Honors Physiology from the University of Alberta, and interviewed out in Vancouver in August.

Hope to hear from some people soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I'm a Canadian who also got an offer, although I haven't decided yet if I'm ready to take the plunge. I'm from Toronto, finished up an Honours B.Sc. in Human Biology, and interviewed out in Vancouver as well. I actually think that we may have met, Canadianchick, if you had also received an offer from UQ at the time and had also interviewed with Flinders. I'm tall with black curly hair and blue eyes, if that helps. I'm currently debating the pros and cons of heading down under, but this is definitely an amazing choice to have!

International student here who applied to both Usyd, Flinders and UQ. Am quite confused now. offered by both flinders and Usyd. Anyone can give me some advice that will allow me to make a clear decision? Which school should I take?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm I also interviewed in Vancouver in August but I haven't heard anything back yet... called them today and they said they haven't finalized anything yet and basically avoided answering my question... when did u guys get ur acceptance?? what is the deadline for confirming ur acceptance??? UQ was my second choice...what happens if sydney rejects me??? do i still have a chance at UQ???

hmmm ith did u happen to have a suitcase with you at the interview?

I had a suitcase.
Why do you wonder?

hey guys, just found out i got in as well, pretty stoked.
im going to start looking into housing soon i guess, what sites have you guys been using and are there areas in town to avoid etc? hah to be honest id like to live near the beach, but im sure it'll be too pricey for me,

Hey Canadianchick, I didn't have a suitcase with me. Upon reflection, I actually think the girl that I met was from U of C, so I'm probably thinking of someone else. Congrats, though!

Hmmm I also interviewed in Vancouver in August but I haven't heard anything back yet... called them today and they said they haven't finalized anything yet and basically avoided answering my question... when did u guys get ur acceptance?? what is the deadline for confirming ur acceptance??? UQ was my second choice...what happens if sydney rejects me??? do i still have a chance at UQ???

Hey, I got my acceptance at USyd on Sept 18 and the deadline to accept was Oct 18 for me.

so im new here and just wanted to ask why you ppl picked Syd?? I mean the 51k :eek:

Hi guys, congrats on your acceptances. I am also going to Usyd this coming Feb 2008, was just wondering if anyone of you are seeking roomates for your accomodation arrangement. I have a SUV offer, however I am looking for any cheaper options available. I would love to stay with a few other students in a 4 bedroom apartment or something. A little about me, I am 25 years old, an asian female, indonesian, and have been in the united states for close to 8 years now for study and work. I am easy going and relatively neat. So, any takers please let me know as soon as you can! I'd be grateful, since the dateline of going to aussie approaches!! =)