UVM online status changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
blueicyrose said:
You'll have to wait for the letter to find out. I'm pretty sure that your message means EITHER acceptance or rejection, hopefully an acceptance for you!! If you were waitlisted, it would specifically say so. Good Luck! :luck:

This isn't true. I had the same message online and got a waitlist letter in the mail. You would think they would just tell you online...

Members don't see this ad.

I have officially joined the good company of y'all on the waitlist. wwpfd? (what would paul farmer do? heh.) Are any of you waiters in california?

yanita said:
I have officially joined the good company of y'all on the waitlist. wwpfd? (what would paul farmer do? heh.) Are any of you waiters in california?

Yes indeed. Californian waiter here. How goes it?

Members don't see this ad :)
BasesofHumanity said:
Yes indeed. Californian waiter here. How goes it?
Aye. Oye. My hope hurts sometimes!! That's the honest answer. How goes it with you??

yanita said:
Aye. Oye. My hope hurts sometimes!! That's the honest answer. How goes it with you??

Not much different. Just a whole lot of waiting. Bad for me, good for antacid pill companies. Just kiddin I no longer have a stomatch and I didn't get there by surgery. I simply applied to medical schools.

Best of luck

BasesofHumanity said:
Not much different. Just a whole lot of waiting. Bad for me, good for antacid pill companies. Just kiddin I no longer have a stomatch and I didn't get there by surgery. I simply applied to medical schools.

Best of luck
Ha!
Medical school application. The new stomach staple.

While I don't sleep, on the healthier side I escape by reading everything I can get my hands on. Even cereal boxes.

Another Cali person waitlisted... boo. How are you guys passing time? :)

Gulgul said:

Welcome. Haven't figured out how to pass time yet. Let me know if you have any ideas that don't include constantly thinking about the damn waitlists.

BasesofHumanity said:
No it's not. you are in. yours is an acceptance
Hi all,

I have the same message (final decision rendered), but got a waitlist letter about a month ago. It now also says that "we will contact you by mail" (note the present tense), and it says updated 4/22.

I'm on both the MD and MD/PhD waitlists, argh.....

Does this "final decision" mean anything new? I emailed them about it so I will post the answer if no one knows.

Waiting is awful.

Gulgul said:
i'm not kidding...aside from the usual stuff like work, i am reading like a fiend and it is the best thing ever. well, maybe second to running around with a certain border collie who brings great happiness...grin...
just finished: And The Band Played On (about time....i've been in HIV prevention for over a decade...doh...), Catch 22 (also about time) and No Ordinary Time (who knew that Eleanor Roosevelt was such a badass?? i guess this was yet another "about time!"). I've got three books going right now, all good, and when they're not handy there are my favorite magazines and newspapers. right. and cereal boxes.
did any of you california folks attend the global health conference at Davis? any other suggestions for spring waitlist diversions??? :)

yay for reading! :) as corny as it may sound, i'm reading a book called "house calls" by dr. thomas stern. it's super fat, super good, and super funny. passes the time reaaaaaal well. if anyone needs a reminder for why we're putting ourselves through this torturous waiting process, it certainly helps. once i finish that one, im going to read all the harry potters.

how was the conference at davis?

other diversions... shopping for cute spring clothes?? i would do that if i got any indication of spring coming to the bay area for more than 2 days at a time. :rolleyes:

Surg Path said:
Hi all,

I have the same message (final decision rendered), but got a waitlist letter about a month ago. It now also says that "we will contact you by mail" (note the present tense), and it says updated 4/22.

I'm on both the MD and MD/PhD waitlists, argh.....

Does this "final decision" mean anything new? I emailed them about it so I will post the answer if no one knows.

Waiting is awful.

Mine also says "updated 4/22" but it is the same waitlist message I've had for months. I bet the updates are people they took off the list and accepted. Good luck!

foodlover said:
Mine also says "updated 4/22" but it is the same waitlist message I've had for months. I bet the updates are people they took off the list and accepted. Good luck!

So, foodlover, does your message say something about a waitlist? (alternate list or whatever they call it).

Maybe there has been a decision change, but hard to tell.

Also, anyone want to weigh in on whether being on the MD/PhD waitlist and MD waitlist would have any influence on my MD waitlist ranking? That's a silly question because there's no way to know, but I would hope I'm in the top third or something on the MD list.

Good luck everyone :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Surg Path said:
So, foodlover, does your message say something about a waitlist? (alternate list or whatever they call it).

Maybe there has been a decision change, but hard to tell.

Also, anyone want to weigh in on whether being on the MD/PhD waitlist and MD waitlist would have any influence on my MD waitlist ranking? That's a silly question because there's no way to know, but I would hope I'm in the top third or something on the MD list.

Good luck everyone :)

Yep, my message has remained the same, it's the one about the qualified/alternate list that says you can call after May 15 for more info.

foodlover said:
Yep, my message has remained the same, it's the one about the qualified/alternate list that says you can call after May 15 for more info.
thanks. That's what my letter said, which I received about 6 weeks ago, but my online staus doesn't say anything about alt list. That said, I didn't check my online status until yesterday, so it may have said "decision rendered" the whole time.

Strange they would use two different messages for waitlisted status.

Anyone waitlisted reveive the "decision rendered" message from the beginning????

Gulgul said:
yay for reading! :) as corny as it may sound, i'm reading a book called "house calls" by dr. thomas stern. it's super fat, super good, and super funny. passes the time reaaaaaal well. if anyone needs a reminder for why we're putting ourselves through this torturous waiting process, it certainly helps. once i finish that one, im going to read all the harry potters.

how was the conference at davis?

other diversions... shopping for cute spring clothes?? i would do that if i got any indication of spring coming to the bay area for more than 2 days at a time. :rolleyes:

Yay new book suggestion!!

Yay, SPRING!! We actually went hiking in point reyes and it didn't rain, not even a DROP, all day!! Maybe too soon for spring clothes though...unless they're waterproof...

The conference was great - very small, so pretty intimate, and many many interesting presentations. Check out the work of this Powerhouse (Eva Harris - she blew me away.)http://www.ssilink.org/index.php?option=displaypage&Itemid=50&op=page&SubMenu=
and, for kicks, the "blenderfuge" created by one of her labs in Bolivia: http://www.nature.com/embor/journal/v5/n1/fig_tab/7400058_f1.html

foodlover said:

I checked my online status yesterday and it said "updated 4/23" which I thought was strange since it was a Sunday. So I checked it today, and it said "updated 4/24". I'm pretty sure these updates don't really signify anything except acknowledging today's date and that it is the most current information.

kromium said:
I checked my online status yesterday and it said "updated 4/23" which I thought was strange since it was a Sunday. So I checked it today, and it said "updated 4/24". I'm pretty sure these updates don't really signify anything except acknowledging today's date and that it is the most current information.

Yes that is the case. I just heard from UVM, and my staus is still waitlist, with online status saying "decision rendered".

Hey guys,
I posted earlier too, but I just wanted to give you a little hope that the waitlist is already moving. I had the qualified/alternate message up in mid April, and it changed to Accepted (via the status page and a snail mail letter). I know of another person who was initially waitlisted and then accepted too. Maybe you won't have to wait till May 15th! Good luck! :luck:

chicklett1 said:
Hey guys,
I posted earlier too, but I just wanted to give you a little hope that the waitlist is already moving. I had the qualified/alternate message up in mid April, and it changed to Accepted (via the status page and a snail mail letter). I know of another person who was initially waitlisted and then accepted too. Maybe you won't have to wait till May 15th! Good luck! :luck:

Congrats.

chicklett1 said:
Hey guys,

Nice Job! So are you going?

The admissions person also told me "Information concerning the MD waitlist will be available at the Online Applicant Center soon."

Oh yeah, and they changed my status from "decision rendered" to "waitlist" after I emailed them about it- probably was their mistake.

Surg Path said:
Nice Job! So are you going?

Most likely, unless one of my waitlists works out. I promise to withdraw instantly if it happens! :luck:

I too am on the waitlist, and I tried to call last friday to show interest/talk to someone about the list. Has anyone else been able to get through? I just keep getting the answering machine.

Depends on when you call. I've found that mid to late morning and early afternoon are times when I haven't been able to reach either Mary or any of the other admissions staff.

Try around 9 AM or after 2:30 PM.

I just checked my online status and the message has changed. It says I'm in the lower third of the waitlist, with "lower" bold and in all caps. :( Oh well. Anyone know how long the waitlist is by the way?

kromium said:
I just checked my online status and the message has changed. It says I'm in the lower third of the waitlist, with "lower" bold and in all caps. :( Oh well. Anyone know how long the waitlist is by the way?
My status also says I am in the LOWER third of the waitlist. Unfortunetly, past SDN posts have indicated that LOWER third=rejection most likely. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? Has anyone talked to the admissions office about past movement in regards to the lower third of the waitlist?

I just checked mine and I am in the MIDDLE third of the waitlist. Not really sure how to react to that.

Does anyone know how many people are actually on the list - so how many are in each third?

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I may get in - so lets all not give up hope.

Good luck everyone.

Anybody talked to the office yet?

Does anyone know if we can move up the list?

Is anyone on the TOP of this list?

middle of the list here, but i withdrew

Kitra101 said:
middle of the list here, but i withdrew

thanks for withdrawing kitra101. gives me hope that i might actually get in.
best of luck wherever you're going!

In the TOP here, hopefully that means pretty good news.... :thumbup: :luck:

Does anyone have the link to last years thread (referring to waitlist movement)??

my status has no mention of the list at all yet. anyone else out there in that situation?? is this a good thing or a bad thing......

yanita said:
that thread tells the story of an upcoming bumpy ride!! thanks for posting it...I wish everyone well who's waiting - we might be doing it for awhile!!

This is driving me insane. I am in the MIDDLE third of the waitlist. I know a friend who was in the top tier last year and she wasn't accepted until mid-summer. I think the UVM waitlist isn't very consistent in terms of movement...maybe looking at last year's thread will only add additional, uninformative stress....

It looks like, if i am lucky, Ill be grabbing a last minute flight in August home from Sweden (where I currently live).

slb830 said:
This is driving me insane. I am in the MIDDLE third of the waitlist. I know a friend who was in the top tier last year and she wasn't accepted until mid-summer. I think the UVM waitlist isn't very consistent in terms of movement...maybe looking at last year's thread will only add additional, uninformative stress....

It looks like, if i am lucky, Ill be grabbing a last minute flight in August home from Sweden (where I currently live).

Sweden? What has you there? I've never been, but my dad's family is from there. Long crazy emigration story... Is UVM your top choice? Is Sweden giving you ideas about how health care could be better here? :)

yanita said:
Sweden? What has you there? I've never been, but my dad's family is from there. Long crazy emigration story... Is UVM your top choice? Is Sweden giving you ideas about how health care could be better here? :)

Does anyone think there is hope if you're on the MIDDLE of the waitlist? I can't come to terms with what it actually means.
All thoughts/comments are appreciated.

hey,

i'm on the middle third as well. i tried reading last year's thread to get an idea of how many of the middle third people got in. i thought it was pretty difficult to gauge overall what the heck was happening with the waitlist. anybody get a better idea?

i just really really really REALLy hope they get to us. :( i'm officially waitlist queen though... even my plans b and c have waitlisted me.

ratiolab said:
Does anyone think there is hope if you're on the MIDDLE of the waitlist? I can't come to terms with what it actually means.
All thoughts/comments are appreciated.

Well, I'm in the "lower third" on the MD list, and "within 10 places" on the MD/PhD list (they only take 4 ppl, mind you).

So, I signed for another year as a research fellow where I am, and will hopefully improve my 29 MCAT (this august) for 2007.

cheers

I GOT INNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Online status change today when I got home from work. I CANT BELIVE THIS. I had no acceptances, retook the MCAT and all this hell....its over!! YAY! :luck: :D

blueicyrose said:
I GOT INNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Online status change today when I got home from work. I CANT BELIVE THIS. I had no acceptances, retook the MCAT and all this hell....its over!! YAY! :luck: :D

Congrats blueicyrose :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thats amazing blueicyrose! Congrats! :)

Looking forward to more waitlist movement!

BasesofHumanity ... Your signature says you're going to UVM - does this mean you also got off the waitlist??

I'm in the Middle and really hoping for a miracle.

blueicyrose said:

YEEE-HAWWWWW! Felicidades Icy Rose!!! :) :) :)

Congrats to everyone accepted - looks like a great class this year! :thumbup:

any news? who's still out there? hello?? :)

still here. still waiting ... hoping for some good news. :)