UVM online status changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BasesofHumanity

Cardiology Rules, so far
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, the online status says "a final decision has been rendered. wait for the letter."

What does that mean? Has anyone actually got the letter in the mail?

Members don't see this ad.

BasesofHumanity said:
So, the online status says "a final decision has been rendered. wait for the letter."

Is this pre- or post-interview? My status page has not changed, I am still in the possible interview pool, it sucks.

Mine says similar, "Your file has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee and a final decision rendered. We will be contacting you shortly by mail regarding the status of your application."
I was told they take their time before actually mailing the decisions, it may be as late as March 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
DrKitty said:
Is this pre- or post-interview? My status page has not changed, I am still in the possible interview pool, it sucks.

It's post interview. I hope that you get an interview soon. Have you had any other interviews?

BasesofHumanity said:

My status just changed as well. It says I've been put on the waitlist. It also says that if I want more information on my waitlist status, I can call after May 15th. That's pretty far away.

Does anyone know if UVM gives out any information on where you are on the waitlist before May? Also, does anyone know how many people get in off the waitlist. This is my top choice so I'm pretty stressed.

Does anyone know who I should address the letter of intent to at UVM? Also, this will be my first and only letter of intent, so can somebody give me an idea of what type of format I should be shooting for?

Green Arrow said:
Does anyone know who I should address the letter of intent to at UVM? Also, this will be my first and only letter of intent, so can somebody give me an idea of what type of format I should be shooting for?

Call the office and talk to I think its Mary Campbell. I think she runs everything there and can direct you as to where the LOI should be sent.

I have been on the waitlist since November and if you are very interested in UVM definitely call Mary Campbell. They keep a log of how many times you call the school and she told me the most important thing we can do to move off the waitlist is to show her that UVM is our first choice.

By the way, anyone waitlisted previously whose status has now changed. Mine still has me on the waitlist but Mary said that some students from the waitlist will be accepted during this last round of adcom meetings. I am praying to get into UVM.

I just rechecked my status and it has changed to "you are placed on the waitlist." So, check your status agian today and hopefully yours will be more specific.

BasesofHumanity said:
I just rechecked my status and it has changed to "you are placed on the waitlist." So, check your status agian today and hopefully yours will be more specific.
Can I ask when you interviewed?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed January 5 and my status online hasn't changed at all. No final decision, no waitlist.

I thought they decided about everyone in the each interview batch all at once? Or are they still meeting on those of us that were interviewed in January?

I just called UVM.
This is what I found out:
If your interview was on a Tuesday, you were discussed on February 14.
If your interview was on Thursday, you are are being discussed today.

Status will be updated onlie within a few days of the meeting..as soon as they get a chance to do it. For those who were discussed on February 14, letters are being mailed tomorrow.

There is no point in calling, because if it isn't online, they arent allowed to tell you anything...other than that a decision has been made.

the negative 1 said:
^^^
Thanks slb830, you just saved me a phonecall. :)

No prob..I feel like I know so many phone numbers by heart these days..

If we aren't waitlisted, and we know a final decision has been rendered I guess we wait for the mail....

Ok so people have seen that they are on the waitlist in the applicant center... So are only rejections/acceptances sent in the mail? Or would you find out if you were accepted online as well?...

Allow me to clarify what happened to me.

Earlier yesterday, I checked my status online and it said that "a final decision has been rendered." I rechecked that evening and the status had changed to "you have been waitlisted."

So, the initial message "final decision has been rendered" just means that they have met and made a decision. This message should change soon to reflect a more specific status.

At least, this is what happened to me. So, KEEP CHECKING YOUR ON LINE STATUS.

My status says: Your file has been reviewed and you have been placed on the list of qualified/alternate candidates for admission. After May 15, 2006, you may contact the admissions office for more information regarding the waitlist. If you are a Maine Access candidate, please contact the admissions office for further information regarding your waitlist status.

Is this what all yours say? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Is there an "alternate list" and a "waitlist" or are they the same??

IAMS said:
My status says: Your file has been reviewed and you have been placed on the list of qualified/alternate candidates for admission. After May 15, 2006, you may contact the admissions office for more information regarding the waitlist. If you are a Maine Access candidate, please contact the admissions office for further information regarding your waitlist status.

Is this what all yours say? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Is there an "alternate list" and a "waitlist" or are they the same??

They are the same thing. Case western calls it the HOLD list. Various terminology all referring to the same dreadful wait period.

I think it is basically the same thing. As of May 15, as we all know, there will be lots of movement, and maybe they finalize their waitlist at that point.

Hey, its better than a rejection...Good luck come May.

Okay, but tell me, does your status say this phrase, or does it literally say "you are waitlisted"? I'm just curious if they're giving people different messages.

IAMS said:
Okay, but tell me, does your status say this phrase, or does it literally say "you are waitlisted"? I'm just curious if they're giving people different messages.

Mine is exactly like yours.

I can't get to the online status page. It comes up, but the fields for entering your info are not there.

Steiner said:
I can't get to the online status page. It comes up, but the fields for entering your info are not there.

Neither can I. Does that mean they are updating our statuses?

DrBorisCA said:
Neither can I. Does that mean they are updating our statuses?

I think so....I can't get to my page either...i have been checking all for hours and then it just stopped working...

I finally got into mine and it's still the same message. "You have been INTERVIEWED."

Did anybody get anything other than "alternate qualified" (i.e. reject/accept)

Alternate list for me too. Finally, some good news coming my way.

the negative 1 said:
Alternate list for me too. Finally, some good news coming my way.

I am waitlisted as well now. Do you think we really have to wait until May before we find out any more news?

slb830 said:
I am waitlisted as well now. Do you think we really have to wait until May before we find out any more news?

i forgot if it was early or mid may...thats when you can call in and they'll tell you what third of the waitlist youre on

I'm just wondering, has anyone actually been rejected, or do they put everyone on the waitlist that hasn't gotten in? So far evryone on the thread has been waitlisted.

Also, does anyone know what the statistics are for people getting off the waitlist?

There have definitely been people who were rejected post-interview. However, I have no idea about UVM's waitlist stats.

slb830 said:
I think so....I can't get to my page either...i have been checking all for hours and then it just stopped working...

If you close and reopen your browser, it works fine. But you (I) have to do it every time.

c13 said:
If you close and reopen your browser, it works fine. But you (I) have to do it every time.

Still looking for anyone who was originally waitlisted but after a LOI or any other reasons have subsequently been accepted. The admissions committee told me in certain cirtumstances, they were not specific, they will admit from waitlist before may 15th.

halperinj said:
Still looking for anyone who was originally waitlisted but after a LOI or any other reasons have subsequently been accepted. The admissions committee told me in certain cirtumstances, they were not specific, they will admit from waitlist before may 15th.

I know of a few in staters who did it early in the cycle...

Do you know if UVM is interviewing now only for waitlist?
Thank you

The staff at UVM told us during our interview day that our applications would be reviewed today, so hopefully there is some change to our status soon.

slb830 said:
I just called UVM.
This is what I found out:
If your interview was on a Tuesday, you were discussed on February 14.
If your interview was on Thursday, you are are being discussed today.

Status will be updated onlie within a few days of the meeting..as soon as they get a chance to do it. For those who were discussed on February 14, letters are being mailed tomorrow.

There is no point in calling, because if it isn't online, they arent allowed to tell you anything...other than that a decision has been made.

Be careful: Although they are really nice, I'd take anything the admissions staff tells you by phone about the status of your application with a grain of salt. You should wait to get an official letter from the Admissions Committee. I called the office to check on my status and spoke with the receptionist who assured me that my application was at the top of the pool of those being considered for interview and the next week I got a rejection letter in the mail.

Remember, it is the ADCOM and the Dean that make the ultimate decisions about the status of your file, not the admissions staff, unfortunately....

Hey guys i Int in mid Jan and I asked MAry how well the Waitlists move there. She said that last year only a few came off the waitlist and the year before everyone came off the waitlist. I hope this is some good news to all. Hopefully we will all be accepted.

Just thought I'd share. My status has changed back to pre-alternate notification: Your file has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee and a final decision rendered. We will be contacting you shortly by mail regarding the status of your application.
Somehow I am sure this isn't the final decision status change I'll be seeing. :laugh:

IAMS said:
Just thought I'd share. My status has changed back to pre-alternate notification: Your file has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee and a final decision rendered. We will be contacting you shortly by mail regarding the status of your application.
Somehow I am sure this isn't the final decision status change I'll be seeing. :laugh:

so i am confused... you were alernated and then your message changed to this today?

I don't think I've seen the same message twice, really. But yes, last time it said the "qualified alternate" (aka waitlist), and now it says final decision - exactly the same thing it said before I was given the waitlist message.. so maybe it means there is something more definitive,.. but I'm not holding my breath.

IAMS said:
I don't think I've seen the same message twice, really. But yes, last time it said the "qualified alternate" (aka waitlist), and now it says final decision - exactly the same thing it said before I was given the waitlist message.. so maybe it means there is something more definitive,.. but I'm not holding my breath.

Why don't you call them?

Same thing happened here. Final decision notice, then wait list notice, then back to final decision notice. Who knows if they just realized they weren't supposed to release wait-list notification on the website, or if it actually means there was a status change. If they mailed a letter out today, I'll get it tommorow.

FYI, if any of you are VT residents, I now have a better source on this years big change in the VT resident acceptance policy. Due to an unexpectedly high number of qualified instate applicants last year, and a resulting budget problem, UVM has done two things: 1) capped the number of instate acceptances to 30-33 per class. 2) instituted a totally separate instate waitlist to stay within that number.

Anybody else having difficulty accessing the applicant center?

Hi there,
Did anyone apply under the Maine Access program? If so, did any of you get accepted, or were we all waitlisted/rejected? Mary said there were still open spots for Access, but couldn't tell me if any of them had been filled, she said they were waiting to here info from FAME too. If you know anything, please let me know. Thanks!

IAMS said:

My message has stayed the same since it said I am a "qualified alternate". Maybe they have made a decision on you. Good luck, and let us know if you got in.

got the acceptance in the mail today. thin letter.

I have no idea what the waitlist message meant, one minute it was there, then it was gone, then I got the acceptance letter.

good luck all