UW experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GOGETA

SuperSaiyan
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well guys, as you may know I finish my first round with UW. So I decided to go with the subjects that I got the lower scores like physio.

I finish with a 38% in physio, and when W4M start talking about how important was physio for the test I was :eek:.

UW only have 138 questions for physio. I did them again and re-read the explanations and understood the concepts.

Today I decided to do questions and not use UW, just to practice with other questions so I did the comprehensive exam in the back of constanzo(BRS PHYSIOLOGY) It has 115 questions.

Now have in mind that I have bee only doing UW questions with the excep. of 1 block of the USMLE CD.

1- The questions where so easy:D
2- I was going like the energ. bunny

I know or think that they will never ask questions so easy as the ones in the BRS but I got a 74%.

UW physio= 38%
BRS physio= 74%

I love :love: UW .

Comments are welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like you're doing great!
I actually have a 33% cummulative in UW pysiology and a 64% on the comprehensive BRS questions. I know we should use UW as a learning tool, but my average is only 35%! The only good thing is my scores per block are in the low 40s to 52, but my score cummulative is not goingn any higher. I plan to do UW at least two more times and kaplan qbank, hopefully that will help.

Good luck to you and hope you get int he 90s on your step 1!

Well guys, as you may know I finish my first round with UW. So I decided to go with the subjects that I got the lower scores like physio.

I finish with a 38% in physio, and when W4M start talking about how important was physio for the test I was :eek:.

UW only have 138 questions for physio. I did them again and re-read the explanations and understood the concepts.

Today I decided to do questions and not use UW, just to practice with other questions so I did the comprehensive exam in the back of constanzo(BRS PHYSIOLOGY) It has 115 questions.

Now have in mind that I have bee only doing UW questions with the excep. of 1 block of the USMLE CD.

1- The questions where so easy:D
2- I was going like the energ. bunny

I know or think that they will never ask questions so easy as the ones in the BRS but I got a 74%.

UW physio= 38%
BRS physio= 74%

I love :love: UW .

Comments are welcome.

Is one month enough time to finish and go through UW thoroughly? because i have plans to sign-up for the one month deal.

Sounds like you're doing great!
I actually have a 33% cummulative in UW pysiology and a 64% on the comprehensive BRS questions. I know we should use UW as a learning tool, but my average is only 35%! The only good thing is my scores per block are in the low 40s to 52, but my score cummulative is not goingn any higher. I plan to do UW at least two more times and kaplan qbank, hopefully that will help.

Good luck to you and hope you get int he 90s on your step 1!

o WAO, you just remind me of myself, looking at the cum% feeling like+pity+, and not to mention the questions that you are :eek::confused: and +pissed+.

If you have done alot of the bank, its difficult to raise your cum%, so just focus on the scores per blocks, It took me some time to reach the 50's and stay there, actually it happend in my last 700 questions or so, I raise my cum% from 44 to 48.

The trick is to understand the concept and what they are talking about, if you understand the process when they ask you in the future something related you are able to answer it. like for example the UREA cycle
they give a clinical case then they ask what what protein has to do with it, and you need to think UREA=PROTEIN

I wish you the same
Good luck to you and hope you get int he 90s on your step 1!:love::thumbup:

STUDY STUDY STUDY

Teejay Actually it will be of great assesment if you are so near the exam, and learning tool.

But I dont think you will have time, they have 1900 questions and lets say you do 50 per day or 75 per day in 30 days that is :idea:, wait were is my brain again:D

And if they are as closed as you can get to the test, I think is worth it.

PLUS you will learn like crazy