UWorld second time around

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackets5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, test is in 13 days. Finished Uworld Sunday, took a little break to get ready for the last 14 day push following Taus method. So doing my Uworld Questions this morning i was pleasantly surprised to receive 81% for my questions. For the first pass i was averaging in the high 50's, low 60's. However, i really spent alot of time making sure i understood the concepts i got wrong. How should i interpret this result especially if the results continue like this. It has been great all the info and support from others going through the same ordeal of Step 1

Members don't see this ad.

Nice going.Its good you are giving it a second pass and nailed down your weaknesses- and yeah even better to average 80+

Looks positive to me bro.:thumbup: Go kick some a** on the real thing.

I'm going through it my second time too, and obviously doing much better than the first time.

I don't think this can be interpreted, as it pertains to how you're going to do on the actual exam. Just use it as a learning tool. If you're getting 81% right, make sure you understand why the right answers are right. Then look at the other 19% and see where you're going wrong. Consult other sources if you need to in order to brush up on those 19%.

Look at the splits. See if there's a specific area that is giving you any trouble.

Just my opinion. I like UW as a learning tool, rather than a diagnostic tool, because you never know exactly what's going to be on the real thing.

But I don't think you're in any danger of failing step 1, so you've got that going for you, which is nice.

To clarify, I don't think that it is completely meaningless, but I just don't think that your 81% necessarily correlates to any specific score.

Members don't see this ad :)
i agree with you that UWorld is best as a learning tool and it is very good. I was just very excited that it seems i actually learned concepts the first time through, since i was pretty sure and was able to reason completely the vast majority of the answers. I know some questions is recall but you simply cant memorize over 2k questions. Taking assessment tomorrow and ill see.

i agree with you that UWorld is best as a learning tool and it is very good. I was just very excited that it seems i actually learned concepts the first time through, since i was pretty sure and was able to reason completely the vast majority of the answers. I know some questions is recall but you simply cant memorize over 2k questions. Taking assessment tomorrow and ill see.

Good luck on the practice test. Let us know how it goes. Also, could you let us know what your % was for your last few random timed blocks on your first pass?

Good luck on the practice test. Let us know how it goes. Also, could you let us know what your % was for your last few random timed blocks on your first pass?

All questions were random for my whole study period. toward the end of my first run through i was usually in the low 60's