VA Pre-Employment Physical Timeline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hello! Just curious to see when pharmacy residents for the VA are typically required to go in for their pre-employment physical, what it entails, and if this requirement can be completed at the VA nearest to you?

Just trying to figure out if I will be required to travel out of state in the next upcoming months if I were to match. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You can have your physical done at a full medical center anywhere with an Employee Health section unless you are in the National Capital Region (NCR) where you have to use DC or Baltimore VA. and depending on matters, the local DoD MTF (but not preferred). It gets scheduled with HR at the site. I forget how drug testing works, but I think the same places apply.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You can have your physical done at a full medical center anywhere with an Employee Health section unless you are in the National Capital Region (NCR) where you have to use DC or Baltimore VA. and depending on matters, the local DoD MTF (but not preferred). It gets scheduled with HR at the site. I forget how drug testing works, but I think the same places apply.

I peed in a cup at the same VA I work at.