vacation /cvs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sosoo

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
im thinking of requesting vacation for this december. does anyone know if this will apply for this year's vacation? or will december count as next year's vacation?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe it will count for this year since any unused vacation hours through December 31st gets paid out.

I have been told that CVS has a vacation blackout period from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day, so no vacations are given during these periods. I don't know if this a district thing or pertains to CVS as a whole. Can someone pls chip in?
I had been saving my vacation hours to use for Christmas to my home country with my family. Is there some way to go around this? Maybe talking with the supervisor?

im thinking of requesting vacation for this december. does anyone know if this will apply for this year's vacation? or will december count as next year's vacation?
This year until the end of the week that includes new years eve.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe it will count for this year since any unused vacation hours through December 31st gets paid out.

I have been told that CVS has a vacation blackout period from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day, so no vacations are given during these periods. I don't know if this a district thing or pertains to CVS as a whole. Can someone pls chip in?
I had been saving my vacation hours to use for Christmas to my home country with my family. Is there some way to go around this? Maybe talking with the supervisor?
If your sup approves it, anything goes. Just talk to them.

wow - that is just another reason I could never work for that place - I have been able to take a week off each December for the past 5 years at my hospital. When you live away from your "home" and family - being able to take time off and see them over the holidays is a huge benefit.

Does anyone know after how many years a Rph at cvs get 3 weeks vacation

3 weeks starting Jan 1 following 4 full calendar years.

3 weeks starting Jan 1 following 4 full calendar years.
Oh. Thanks .I have a long way to go. 2 more years to go. What about stock option? I thought i was gonna get it after my second year but did not.

I have no intention of staying long enough to cash in but it's supposedly annual for manager, biennial for staff. My vesting period is 3 years.

Does anyone know after how many years a Rph at cvs get 3 weeks vacation
don't you guess know this before you get hired? I would think you would have some sort of benefits packet that you get and would keep??

don't you guess know this before you get hired? I would think you would have some sort of benefits packet that you get and would keep??
It was sent to my email when i was hired. Cant find it. It looks like i deleted the email by accident

You think new grads are that smart to compare benefits lol? Half don't even contribute to their 401k at all.

You think new grads are that smart to compare benefits lol? Half don't even contribute to their 401k at all.
That is nothing to see with being new graduate. By the way i was not a new graduate when i started with Cvs. I did not remember when i will get 3 weeks vacation as i might hVe deleted the email abt benefit by accident.
Were you ever a new grad?

lol. keep underestimating those "new grads" and they're gonna take your job. They come cheap these days

does anyone remember when cvs payout unused vacation hours? i still have 61 hrs unused. i got turned down for december vacation request. ^^

Fiscal year and therefore any vacation must be used by EOD 12/26/15.

We heard something from our scheduler that they may not be doing payouts this year, but it was never confirmed as to my knowledge, has anyone gotten any confirmation either way on this?

We heard something from our scheduler that they may not be doing payouts this year, but it was never confirmed as to my knowledge, has anyone gotten any confirmation either way on this?

Haven't heard anything like that...but I'd like to find out as well.

They are making pay outs.....

Reactions: 1 user
They are making pay outs.....

Scheduler probably just said that so everyone would put in for all of their vacation time early and not have the typical staffing issues at the end of the year.

Reactions: 1 user