Vaccinations Required in Med School and Out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cj2021

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are vaccinations required in med school and as a practicing doctor? Are there still "religious exemptions"?

Members don't see this ad.

Are vaccinations required in med school and as a practicing doctor?

Generally, yes (in medical school and by most hospitals).

Also, a functioning brain is required. I know that if I were a dean of a medical school I would not think twice about expelling or refusing to admit anyone who could look at the history and data of vaccine efficacy and refuse vaccination. It is a clear demonstration that they are either too stupid or too delusional to practice any reasonable standard of evidence based care.

Also, the 'religious' exemption is BS. Pretty much 0% of people's religious beliefs prevent them from being vaccinated.

Think about it, you are dealing with sick individuals. Do you really want to catch what they have? I have no clue if they have exceptions but I certainly won't allow them. You can catch some thing and then spread it to your family/patients.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was asking what medical school and hospital policy is, not asking why I should get vaccinated. Real students need only apply and give me their personal experience based responses. In clinical experience with my attending the majority of our autism victims became autistic within three days of receiving the MMR vaccine. If I was a gambling man I would be a fool not to bet on those odds. If you want to persist in this, I can dig up plenty of scientific research demonstrating the nasty things vaccinations are capable of.

Last edited:
Vaccination is compulsory, and not for your sake.

Are there religious exemptions? Maybe, I have no personal or anecdotal experience. I guess it depends on how likely it is that specific medical schools and hospitals will let you be a plague rat for religious reasons.

If someone is trying a religious exemption because they think vaccines have a causal relationship with autism, that probably won't fly. Ignorance isn't a religion.

I was asking what medical school and hospital policy is, not asking why I should get vaccinated. Real students need only apply and give me their personal experience based responses. In clinical experience with my attending the majority of our autism victims became autistic within three days of receiving the MMR vaccine. If I was a gambling man I would be a fool not to bet on those odds. If you want to persist in this, I can dig up plenty of scientific research demonstrating the nasty things vaccinations are capable of.

lolcopter.gif

Oh yeah, the poster boy of MMR / autism research just got his medical license taken away, may want to look into that.

okay buddy

If you want to persist in this, I can dig up plenty of scientific research demonstrating the nasty things vaccinations are capable of.

Dude you totally missed out on the vaccine debate bandwagon, that was over like five years ago. :beat:

My med school, as well as our academic hospital and our affiliated children's hospital, all require influenza vaccine each year. As well they should.

the majority of our autism victims became autistic within three days of receiving the MMR vaccine.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I might be done...no wait....:laugh:

Ok, now I'm done. This makes no sense considering the signs of autism are subtle, take months to diagnose and are typically diagnosed around 1 yo when they just aren't talking or meeting social milestones.

Within three days...as if there was some rash associated where you could pinpoint where someone "became" autistic. As if a fullgrown adult would "become" autistic. :laugh::laugh:

Absolutely hilarious troll - fabulous example of ignorance parading as experience. I approve.

Now in case anyone who isn't a troll comes to this thread looking for an answer...I have never heard of a religious exemption for vaccinations. If you aren't willing to be vaccinated you don't get to be a healthcare practitioner. Period. Its not for you. Its for the people you treat.

For example, they are now giving all the med students at my school TDaP. Do we need a tetanus booster? No but most of us haven't had pertussis boosters in decades and with the current epidemic we all need it to protect our patients. You really want to pick up pertussis as an adult, cough on a infant you're treating and potentially kill that poor little baby? I think not.

That must be the sudden onset autism subtype, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
:If you aren't willing to be vaccinated you don't get to be a healthcare practitioner. Period. Its not for you. Its for the people you treat.

For example, they are now giving all the med students at my school TDaP. Do we need a tetanus booster? No but most of us haven't had pertussis boosters in decades and with the current epidemic we all need it to protect our patients. You really want to pick up pertussis as an adult, cough on a infant you're treating and potentially kill that poor little baby? I think not.

The only exemption I can think of is if you are unable to receive a vaccine for medical reasons.

OH ffs. Is this a joke?

Also, the autism "culprit" is supposed to be thimerosal. But are we really entertaining this nonsense?

That article makes mention of vaccines exactly once: when it mentions "post-vaccination encephalitis," which is not generally accepted as a legitimate finding.

EDIT: Never mind, I found the page strewn with anecdotal evidence and correlations we already know about. The question I have is this: why is autism a more scary prospect to parents than leaving their children to the mercy of pathogens that used to kill babies or leave them sickly and cognitively impaired? That's pretty disturbing to me.

Last edited:
No, and I haven't had any cavities since.

This article filled with "maybes" and "we suppose" and "I postulate" regarding mercury-based additives is pretty convincing. I've decided to totally ignore the fact that the vast multitude of experts and evidence are against him because of his convincing ability to guess!

Thanks, troll account. I've really been turned around on this issue, and have decided to ignore evidence-based medicine as a result. Would you mind digging up Michael Behe's estimation on how likely it is that a turtle made of Jello sculpted me out of butterfly kisses at the dawn of time?

Remember a few months ago when some SDNers tried to open accounts on an anti-vaccine website (and were blocked)? I think they found us :scared:

Are vaccinations required in med school and as a practicing doctor? Are there still "religious exemptions"?

Med school requires proof of having received all the typical childhood vaccines, or demonstrable titers. Additionally most hospitals require employees to have had the hepatitis B series, tetanus, and require employees to get annual flu vaccines and now h1n1.

As for autism, the claims that childhood vaccines are a possible causitive factor were debunked this past year, when the publisher (Lancet) which originally had published research alleging that vaccines were implicated in the disorder, published a retraction when it was revealed that the pioneer of this research had fabricated all his data. His actual data actually supported the opposite conclusion.

Even prior to this, the IOM had published a report indicating that, based on the state of current medical research, there was simply NO evidence linking childhood diseases to autism.

At this juncture, there is no evidence based study or reputable medical science supporting your claim.

But even putting that aside, there is certainly no evidence that someone of medical school age can contract autism, so even if you buy into the bogus science, this isn't a risk for an adult.

At any rate, it doesn't sound like you are going to be able to be a physician in the US, and you wouldn't be happy as a physician anyway because a supermajority of all US physicians strongly support childhood vaccination. You would not fit in, and would not do well, and would not have a prayer making it through a peds rotation with this attitude. So it's moot. Good luck with your unsupported notions, I'm sure they will serve you well in your future career, whatever that might be.

Last edited:
In clinical experience with my attending the majority of our autism victims became autistic within three days of receiving the MMR vaccine. If I was a gambling man I would be a fool not to bet on those odds.

First off, I have an autistic sister, and I don't buy into the MMR vaccine scare. Secondly, you do realize that most autistic patients start showing symptoms around 18 months, right? And that's just about the time when patients get a check-up and their MMR shots... Since you like anecdotal evidence... I worked in a pediatrician's office, and not a single person that was given the MMR shot there developed autism--there are autistic patients in the practice, but they developed signs and symptoms before the shot.

You don't have to be vaccinated. But if you don't, you don't get to go to med school and become a doctor either. Physician (and med student) vaccinations are MANDATORY. No religious exemptions. Like someone said, it isn't about you. It's about your patients, many of whom will be critically ill and/or immune-compromised. The flu might kill them and God forbid you have something more serious, like Hep B. If you're unwilling to be vaccinated, I'd suggest finding another line of work.

My med school just doesn't cover you under their medical insurance for needlesticks if you don't go for the vaccinations. In a country with highly prevalent HIV it is really just your choice...

Summary of what we have learned so far:

1) Med schools require vaccinations and they must be documented or have a titer proving you have antibodies.
2) Most hopsitals require you to have documented vaccinations or titer proving you have the antibodies.
3) cj2021 has no idea how to read or analyze scientific literature and would probably cite wikipedia or a blog to try and prove his/her point.
4) cj2021 is either a troll, or so ignorant to the mounds of peer reviewed data to refute his/her point that no response is really warranted since no form of evidence will convince him or her otherwise.

Med school requires proof of having received all the typical childhood vaccines, or demonstrable titers. Additionally most hospitals require employees to have had the hepatitis B series, tetanus, and require employees to get annual flu vaccines and now h1n1.

A hospital one county over from me is getting sued about that right now. One of the cafeteria workers didn't want the vaccine and found herself a lawyer.

Summary of what we have learned so far:

1) Med schools require vaccinations and they must be documented or have a titer proving you have antibodies.
2) Most hopsitals require you to have documented vaccinations or titer proving you have the antibodies.
3) cj2021 has no idea how to read or analyze scientific literature and would probably cite wikipedia or a blog to try and prove his/her point.
4) cj2021 is either a troll, or so ignorant to the mounds of peer reviewed data to refute his/her point that no response is really warranted since no form of evidence will convince him or her otherwise.

Jointed this month, all posts in this one thread that he/she started. Troll.

Hmm.

If you're required to get the flu shot each year...do they give you all the different types of strands within that flu shot or no? Considering there are several (maybe thousands?) of different types of influenza strands, then getting vaccinated for a few of them is pretty much null and void (IMO).

I plan on going to med school - I don't plan on getting a flu shot every season. Also, when they say the flu shot may cause "flu-like symptoms" - it means it can give you the flu. So if you get the flu shot, and then you go on to treat a patient, you could potentially give the virus to them. Getting vaccinated against the seasonal flu only protects you from a few strands of it, and it can possibly put the patient in harm.

I've read some stuff about thimersol - it's true that can cause autism if the child is all ready genetically predisposed. And actually, quite recently, a family sued and won 1.5 million dollars because their child received...I believe...about seven immunizations in one day - and it caused massive damage to her brain. She did, however, have an underlying mitochondrial disorder - but the immunizations had worsened it.

Also - is anyone worried about injecting formaldehyde into the immune system? Especially in babies? A study in 2004 concluded that formaldehyde can cause leukemia - you give a child 36 immunizations in under two years, all containing neurotoxins and carcinogenic substances - that isn't a very good start for a baby.

And I'm not going to say I know *everything* there is to know about vaccinations, but generally, most of my concerns regarding them - short term and long term effect - are left unanswered, including a pediatrician I had interviewed before giving birth to my daughter.

I get why the whole immunization thing is a big sell - of course any parent would want to protect their child against a potentially life-threatening disease - but what about how cancer rates have soared - outweighing the disasterous effects of these once life threatening illnesses?

I mean, can anyone deny that there isn't a single harmful substance within a vaccine?

I couldn't give two ****s about it causing autism or not - if I had to choose, I'd rather have an autistic child than a dead one. However, with advances in medicine, a disease is far more easy to treat as opposed to cancer. I am aware that there are several things that cause cancer that we are all exposed to on a daily basis - but injecting carcinogenic substances into the immune system? Not exactly the best way to prevent cancer - especially within an immune system that is in the process of developing.

I think breastfeeding a child is MUCH better way to protect your child from possible diseases as opposed to immunizations riddled with toxicity. Breastmilk contains antibodies - as do vaccines. Except vaccines...come with neurotoxins. Not breastmilk (unless you ingest poison, hehe).

I'm not trying to sound like an ass here - I'm completely open to different points of view. I spent weeks researching the CDC website, speaking with pediatricians, researching the internet (lol, *I know*) before I came to the decision to not vaccinate my child. And yes, I looked at both sides - but I could not find a single convincing pro-vaccination article. Even the CDC fails to give reasonable explanations. Given the side effects that could come along with vaccinations - those side effects are symptoms -symptoms let us know that something here, is not right. In fact, more babies die in America from vaccine induced encephalitis than sudden infant death syndrome!! (I did the math)

That being said...I'm pretty psyched to take immunology. Hopefully I'll learn more about how vaccinations work.

And did you know that the polio vaccine from the 1950's contained SV40? Correct me if I am wrong here...isn't SV40 the exact same chemical that was in asbestos that caused mesothelioma? I'm going to laugh if, in sixty years from now, doctors are going to be all like "****. We shouldn't have injected babies with formaldehyde!!"

And I'm pretty sure the h1n1 vaccine contained SV40, too.

Also, I just wanted to clarify - I don't get any of my information from Jenny McCarthy or Andrew Wakefield. I consider them to be unreliable resources.

I plan on going to med school - I don't plan on getting a flu shot every season. Also, when they say the flu shot may cause "flu-like symptoms" - it means it can give you the flu.
Wrong. Flu shots do not contain any active flu virus.

I've read some stuff about thimersol - it's true that can cause autism if the child is all ready genetically predisposed.
No.

Court proceedings are not the same thing as scientific evidence. In any case, the omnibus autism proceeding was a total fail for anti-vaxers.

Also - is anyone worried about injecting formaldehyde into the immune system? Especially in babies? A study in 2004 concluded that formaldehyde can cause leukemia - you give a child 36 immunizations in under two years, all containing neurotoxins and carcinogenic substances - that isn't a very good start for a baby.
The dose makes the poison. Your body produces formaldehyde all on its own.

I think breastfeeding a child is MUCH better way to protect your child from possible diseases as opposed to immunizations riddled with toxicity. Breastmilk contains antibodies - as do vaccines.
You can breastfeed and vaccinate. Vaccines are not injections of antibodies. Breastmilk contains a different type of antibody than what your body produces in response to a vaccine. http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/vaccine-protection.html

That being said...I'm pretty psyched to take immunology. Hopefully I'll learn more about how vaccinations work.
Yes. Good idea.

And did you know that the polio vaccine from the 1950's contained SV40? Correct me if I am wrong here...isn't SV40 the exact same chemical that was in asbestos that caused mesothelioma?
SV40 is a virus.

You've gotta detox from that MDC kool-aid. Try this: http://justthevax.blogspot.com/

but what about how cancer rates have soared - outweighing the disasterous effects of these once life threatening illnesses?

Increased cancer rates = increased and earlier screening for cancer + less deaths due to acute illness

As for autism, the claims that childhood vaccines are a possible causitive factor were debunked this past year, when the publisher (Lancet) which originally had published research alleging that vaccines were implicated in the disorder, published a retraction when it was revealed that the pioneer of this research had fabricated all his data. His actual data actually supported the opposite conclusion.

Just to clarify though, Wakefield's retracted paper involved MMR, not all vaccines.

Ah, vaccinations! You are a victim of your own success.

My parents grew up in a third world country. My dad remembers people crippled with polio, and scarred by smallpox (!!!). Yes, the good ole' days really sucked. Hurrah for vaccinations!!! :D

Increased cancer rates = increased and earlier screening for cancer + less deaths due to acute illness

i just felt the need to post this again in really big letters, as it seems to be a concept many people dont understand... we have to die of something... lol

But the mortality rates for cancer have remained pretty much unchanged. I doubt this is mainly due to technological advancement (although this is obviously a factor), so I think that diet and chemicals are probably significantly smaller factors than the changes in rate and lifespan following diagnosis we see due to changes in how we screen.

I have an article in mind for these statements and can dig it up if requested - just give me a bit, have a lot to do.

Hmm.

I think breastfeeding a child is MUCH better way to protect your child from possible diseases as opposed to immunizations riddled with toxicity. Breastmilk contains antibodies - as do vaccines. Except vaccines...come with neurotoxins. Not breastmilk (unless you ingest poison, hehe).

In medical school, you will learn the difference between active and passive immunity. And you'll learn about herd immunity, and evidence-based medicine.

Some more figures from the CDC (linked from this site).

In medical school, you will learn the difference between active and passive immunity. And you'll learn about herd immunity, and evidence-based medicine.

Some more figures from the CDC (linked from this site).

Regarding the Herd Immunity theory, I found this article to be interesting:

The Danger of Overvaccination with the Present Vaccine Policy
By Dr. Russell Blaylock, M.D.
March 22, 2007

Vaccine authorities, that is, those who make vaccine policy for our children,
are of the opinion that physicians can give children an unlimited number of inoculations without any significant untoward effects, despite a growing abundance of scientific evidence and clinical experience to the contrary.
Before we look at some of this evidence we need to instill a little historical accuracy and dispel some myths concerning the efficacy and role played by vaccine policy in eliminating disease epidemics.
As a physician, I was taught, both in undergraduate school and medical school, that the great epidemics – smallpox, measles, pertussis, etc. – were eventually eliminated by a public-health policy, which initiated mandatory vaccines for all children. Most of the lay public also accepts this myth.
Yet, historical studies, summarized in Neil Z. Miller’s book, clearly demonstrate that for most of the deadly epidemic diseases, death rates fell well before vaccine policies were initiated. For example, measles death rates in both the United States and Great Britain fell more than 90% twenty years before the measles vaccine program was initiated in 1960. Pertussis death rates fell more than 80% prior to when the pertussis vaccine was made mandatory.
These impressive declines in death rates from these epidemics have been attributed to an improvement in public-health measures and improved nutrition. If we examine death rates from these diseases today, we can clearly see the importance of these two preventatives.
Periodically, measles and pertussis mini-epidemics occur in the United States and death rates are extremely small. Yet in Africa and other undeveloped countries, similar epidemics kill thousands – the difference – poor public-health systems and poor nutrition in these high-risk areas. Also of importance, in most of these undeveloped countries there is a high incidence of parasitic infection (malaria, schistosoma, etc.) in the population, which drastically lowers nutrition and immunity.
Yet, health authorities in this country scare people into accepting present and future vaccine policies by historical stories of mass death from epidemics of these diseases. Likewise, if we examine the high death rates during epidemics in the developed countries, we see that most occurred during world wars and periods of famine.
Another myth is that vaccines provide long-term, even lifetime, protection. Linked with this is the grand deception of “herd immunity.” Herd immunity is based on the idea that if 80% of a population is successfully immunized against a disease, then the rest of the population is protected against an epidemic. Likewise, immunization rates below this level endanger us all.
We are now living in the age of mass retirement of the baby boomers, my generation. As children, we were immunized against smallpox, diphtheria, pertussis, and a few others of the potentially epidemic diseases. Therefore, the vaccine proponents imply that we have been free of epidemics of these diseases because of “herd immunity,” that is, that 80% of the population (most of who are in my generation) remains immune.
A number of new studies have shown that in fact immunity from these vaccines lasts only 3 to 10 years at best (some studies indicate shorter periods of 3 to 4 years). That means that while most of us thought we were immunized, in fact, the vast majority of this nation has no immune protection remaining from the vaccines. It also means that far below 80% of the nation is presently protected from infections by these agents. This means that for the past 40 years or more we have been, according to the health authorities, living without the protection of “herd immunity.”
Silently, these vaccine promoters have conducted studies, which have shown that even today our children’s vaccines are lasting no more than 4 years. In fact, they are suggesting that all children receive booster vaccines every 4 years. This means that for the past several decades even the children have been without protection from these vaccines – i.e., vaccine policy has, and continues to be, predicated on a grand lie.
The Unspoken Dangers of Overvaccination of Children

Present vaccine policy in most states mandates that children receive about 34 inoculations before attending school. For the sake of convenience, many pediatricians give a number of these vaccine injections all at once – as many as 9 injections during a single office visit.
When, even as adults, we get sick from an infection, most of the sickness comes from our body’s immune reaction and not to the direct toxicity of the infectious agent. This is especially so with viruses. Our body tolerates this by attempting to quickly kill the invader and return things back to normal.
A number of studies have shown that much of the “sickness behavior” (listlessness, weakness, headache, loss of appetite, nausea, memory disruption, and even language dysfunction) comes from immune injury to the brain. Fortunately, most of the injury is reversible when we recover from the infection.
Studies have shown that with vaccination, a child’s immune activation persists for as long as two years. This is because of the powerful immune adjuvants (boosters) added to vaccines. Many of the adjuvants can cause brain damage directly – such as mercury and aluminum. In fact, a new emerging musculo-neurologic syndrome has been uncovered called macrophagic myofascitits, which is due solely to the aluminum in vaccines.
When the pediatrician gives 6 to 9 injections in a single office visit, the child is exposed to a massive dose of brain-damaging immune adjuvants all at once. The child’s immune system not only goes into overdrive, it does so for very long periods, even years.
Most parents are familiar with screaming, fitful babies following a visit to the pediatrician for vaccines. In many cases this uncontrollable, high-pitched crying and irritability may last for days or even months. Pediatricians tell parents that it is just the pain caused by the injection. This is a lie.
Having operated on a number of babies and small children, I can tell you that they tolerate pain better than adults. A number of studies have shown that immune-triggered brain swelling and inflammation cause this behavior.
It should also be appreciated that the toxic metals used as adjuvants in vaccines have additive and even synergistic toxicity. That is, by adding mercury and aluminum in a vaccine, the toxicity of both is greatly magnified. And while mercury has been removed from a number of childhood vaccines, the CDC and American Academy of Pediatrics, in all their wisdom, now recommend the mercury-containing flu vaccine be given to all pregnant women, babies from age 6 to 18 months, and teenagers. In the light of all we know about mercury toxicity to the developing brain, this can only be described as insane.
The Brain’s Special Immune System

The human brain has a special immune system that, while connected to the body’s immune system, has special properties that make overstimulation a special danger. A great number of studies have shown that when you vaccinate an animal, the body’s immune system notifies the brain’s immune system an attack has occurred.
This triggers the activation of the brain’s special immune cells, called microglia. Normally these cells are quiescent (sleeping), but when activated they can move around the brain looking for invaders.
Normally, these brain immune cells quickly kill the invader and go back to sleep. Only mild damage, which can mostly be repaired, occurs. Yet, should the activation be prolonged and intense, severe brain injury can occur. A recent study found that brain microglia are chronically activated throughout the lives of autistic children and adults, thus explaining much of the damage.
When these microglia are activated, they secrete large amounts of free radicals, lipid peroxidation products, and excitotoxins (glutamate and
aspartate), all of which damage brain cells and their connections – a process called by-stander damage. Studies of autistic children clearly demonstrate elevated glutamate and aspartate levels in their spinal fluid and blood.
We call this destructive reaction excitotoxicity. This destructive reaction is thought to also be the central mechanism of stroke and brain trauma damage, Alzheimer’s dementia, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS. It is also the cause of much of the damage in cases of meningitis – viral or bacterial.
In fact, studies have shown that the eventual outcome in cases of measles, encephalitis, and bacterial meningitis, depend on how high the brain glutamate rises and for how long. The measles vaccine is a live-virus vaccine and autopsy studies of elderly have shown live measles viruses in 20% their brains.
In one study reported in the prestigious journal Neurology in 2004, found that people getting the hepatitis B vaccine have a 300% increased risk of developing multiple sclerosis in 3 years of the vaccinations. In another study, Dr. Hugh Fudenberg found that elderly getting a flu vaccine for 5 years in a row increase their risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease 10-fold. This mechanism explains both observations. What will happen to the millions of babies forced to take the hepatitis B vaccine at birth is anyone’s guess.
Mercury is a very powerful stimulator of microglial activation and interferes with a protective mechanism used by the brain against excitotoxicity, which, in essence, causes intense excitotoxicity in the child’s brain. Alarmingly, the dose needed to do this is far below the amount that was, and still is, being injected in children – and adults. For example, the flu vaccine – designed for children and adults – contains a full dose of mercury.
It is known that excess microglial activation and brain glutamate accumulation, as seen with overvaccination, in a baby and small child, not only damages brain cells and connections, but interferes with brain development. From the last trimester of intrauterine life until age two years the child’s brain is undergoing massive developmental changes (called the brain growth spurt). By age 4, only 80% of the brain is formed and the most important part of the brain used for social development, memory, and impulse control is not fully developed until age 26.
Overvaccination during this period interferes with the development of brain pathways, resulting in language problems, poor attention and impulse control, learning difficulties, and problems with social interaction while also creating future psychological problems.
The mechanism for this damage has been carefully worked out and involves an interaction between immune cytokines and excitatory amino acids such as glutamate and aspartate, both of which are massively increased with overvaccination. The presence of inflammatory immune cytokines with elevated levels of brain glutamate damages the child’s developing brain and triggers centers causing fear, pain, and anger (the amygdala-limbic connections). This effect has been shown in adults as well, but is less intense.
Contaminated Vaccines a Major Problem

Connected with this special immune process is the problem of contamination of the vaccines with either whole organisms found in live-virus vaccines, or nucleic-acid fragments in both live-virus and killed-organism vaccines. Several studies of commonly used vaccines have discovered live organisms, varying from pathogenic viruses to mycoplasma, in a large percentage of vaccines. For example, in a Japanese study of six major vaccine manufacturers, researchers found viral contamination in as many as 56% of the samples.
Both nucleic-acid fragments and live organisms can infect tissues and initiate chronic immune activation. Studies have shown that viral nucleic-acid fragments can act as continuous sources of immune stimulation, thus leading to by-stander damage to neurons and synaptic connections. This may explain the over 200% increase in Lou Gehrig’s disease in Gulf War veterans, which has been attributed to the 17 vaccinations they were given over a few days.
In addition, retention of these viral fragments and DNA fragments can result in autoimmune diseases, especially in people with a genetic weakness for autoimmunity. This may also explain the increased incidence of diabetes and asthma in children exposed to certain vaccines. Health authorities, even though they admit to the contamination, are quick to discount the danger. Ironically, they admit that they do not know the long-term consequences of retention of these viral fragments.
Also connected to these contaminants in the vaccines is the risk of cancers years later. Most are familiar with the contamination of both the live polio vaccine (OPV) and inactivated vaccine (IPV) with SV-40 oncogenic virus. As far back as 1959, Dr. Bernice Eddy proved that SV-40 was oncogenic.
Dr. Michele Carbone and her co-workers have also proven that this contaminating virus was responsible for a number of cancers in the children of women who were exposed to the vaccine. These tumors include mesotheliomas, ependymomas, choroids plexus papillomas, and osteosarcomas. Studies have shown that the offspring of some 58,000 women vaccinated with the contaminated vaccines had a 13-fold higher incidence of brain tumor development than those not exposed to the vaccine.
Until 1992, the poliovirus vaccine was also contaminated with simian cytomegalovirus. A recent study found that over 70% of cases of stroke are related to this virus. These are not problems to be treated lightly, as the vaccine promoters have chosen to do.
An Insane Vaccine Policy

Those making decisions concerning vaccine policy know little of these brain mechanisms. Instead, they depend on out-of-date thinking and studies, many of which are phony and paid for by vaccine manufacturers. In fact, most pediatricians are unfamiliar with excitotoxicity or microglial activation, rather they get their information from their specialty societies, which are dominated by physicians receiving monies from the vaccine manufacturers or who know nothing concerning the effects of overstimulation of the immune system, especially its long-range effects.
The public must speak out about these issues and demand that politicians cease legislating laws to create policies that will result in permanent injury to themselves and their children."

and it is kind of true. I don't know any adult, besides those that work in the healthcare system, that periodically receives boosters, so it's kind of obvious that "our defenses are way down."

Ah yes - the inimitable Dr. Russell Blaylock.

What do we need most during a flu pandemic? Zombie Quacks!

The opening page of his website reads like a roster of denialism, quackery, and crankism. In the first few inches, titles of articles read, "Vaccines can kill", "Cholesterol drugs are dangerous", "Why fluoride is toxic", and some other great ones like "Stop aging".

He believably claims to have graduated from medical school and done a residency in neurosurgery. He seems to be trying to piggyback an awful lot of general credibility on his early, very specific work, creating a penumbra of "expert-ness" that is unjustified. That being said, who, besides Blaylock himself, takes him seriously?

He's also been flagged by Quackwatch.

I'm lazy, so I also checked out his wikipedia entry:

Blaylock has been quoted several times in media outlets regarding his position that MSG is toxic to the brain.[11][12][13] He also states that the widely-used artificial sweetener aspartame is toxic[14][15] and may be the cause of multiple sclerosis.[16] He has additionally cautioned against heavy use of the artificial sweetener Splenda (sucralose).[17] These positions are not supported by scientific consensus or regulatory bodies, as extensive studies support the safety of aspartame, sucralose, and MSG.[2][3][18]
Blaylock has also urged avoidance of the swine flu (H1N1) vaccination, which he claims is more dangerous than the infection itself. In various alternative media outlets, Blaylock has given advice on what he feels an individual should do if faced with mandatory vaccination.[19] Current research indicates that an effective vaccine is a vital tool in protecting the public and that the new H1N1 vaccine is both safe and effective.[4][20] Advertisements selling the 'Blaylock Wellness Report' at newsmax.com contain claims of additional health dangers, including fluoridated drinking water, fluoridated toothpaste, vaccines, dental amalgam, cholesterol drugs, pesticides, and aluminum cookware.[21][22][23][24][25]

There's so much crap on the Internet, there's just no time to debunk it all.

By Dr. Russell Blaylock, M.D.
March 22, 2007

This guy is a fear-mongering opportunist of the worst sort.

Shame on you for quoting him.

Last edited: