Value in BCPS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bellavida

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone find any value in having BCPS?

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion, it provides credibility for employers that you are making an effort to learn more beyond the bare minimum as a clinical pharmacist. In the sense of applying for jobs, if two candidates said on their resume that they were motivated to learn and provide value to improve patient outcomes, they'd most likely take credibility towards the one with the BCPS.

Also it is a pain in the butt but the large of amount of CEs that you have to complete to recertify keeps you up to date with useful information that you have to do rather than do BS CEs that you choose to do just because its easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
No. It was a waste of money to have to pay every year. Having the certification didn't help with pay.

No. It was a waste of money to have to pay every year. Having the certification didn't help with pay.
I graduated over 15 years ago and stopped practicing in a traditional pharmacy setting >9 years ago. There's alot I forgot or never learned. I got value from the process merely by studying for it because I learned so much. It helps me with clinical data review (core function of my job) because I have a better working framework than I used to. It is also an opportunity/excuse to review more intense CEs and take extra time reviewing treatment paradigms. Yes, I should have been doing that anyway; however, I didn't.

I derive no direct financial renumeration from the certification and no prestige (almost no one I work with knows what it is). I do get my company to pay for everything, but that's about it. While my teams have noticed a difference from my counterparts, it's not like they have a great deal of exposure to other pharmacists for comparison, so I always take that with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 1 user