vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Miss Nevada

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey -- I'm in kind of a bind. I'm scheduled to interview at Vanderbilt on Monday but I haven't been home in 3 weeks, and they mailed a packet of info to my house that I haven't been home to open. So if anyone has gotten that packet, could they PM me? I'd much appreciate it. Not sure what was in there...and most importantly where I should stay (hotel) and where/when I should be showing up, and the specifics of the pre-interview dinner...

thanks
 
Hey, the packet has a map of the hospital as well as info on where to stay (the Embassy Suites on Hillsboro was the best deal I found). I believe there's also info on the pre-interview dinner...I was unable to make the dinner, sorry I can't help with that. My day started at 7:30 A.M.

PM me with further questions. See my review under "Interview trail impressions."
 
The packet also has a parking pass and a map to the restaurant for the pre-interview dinner site (you meet them there).
 
the pre interview dinner is at bosco's (about a mile from the campus), it's a local bar and grill type of joint. I went to it, and it was really laid back and chill, with 5-7 residents there, including 1 chief, and 10-12 applicants. they mentioned 7pm in the packet. i got there around 7:05 or so, straight from the airport, and everyone was already there.

here is the info for the restaurant:
1805 21st Ave S
Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 385-0050

i stayed at the best western, and paid like 75, but it is a mile from the campus, and i ended up taking a cab to the hospital (5 minutes, 10 bux). vandy has a deal with embassy suites for 99+ tax i think. Also, if you need the exact location in terms of where u need to be in the AM, let me know, I can send it to you (don't have it with me), but it's a specific building, and not the main hospital. good luck, i had a great time there.