vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Miss Nevada

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey -- I'm in kind of a bind. I'm scheduled to interview at Vanderbilt on Monday but I haven't been home in 3 weeks, and they mailed a packet of info to my house that I haven't been home to open. So if anyone has gotten that packet, could they PM me? I'd much appreciate it. Not sure what was in there...and most importantly where I should stay (hotel) and where/when I should be showing up, and the specifics of the pre-interview dinner...

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, the packet has a map of the hospital as well as info on where to stay (the Embassy Suites on Hillsboro was the best deal I found). I believe there's also info on the pre-interview dinner...I was unable to make the dinner, sorry I can't help with that. My day started at 7:30 A.M.

PM me with further questions. See my review under "Interview trail impressions."

The packet also has a parking pass and a map to the restaurant for the pre-interview dinner site (you meet them there).

the pre interview dinner is at bosco's (about a mile from the campus), it's a local bar and grill type of joint. I went to it, and it was really laid back and chill, with 5-7 residents there, including 1 chief, and 10-12 applicants. they mentioned 7pm in the packet. i got there around 7:05 or so, straight from the airport, and everyone was already there.

here is the info for the restaurant:
1805 21st Ave S
Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 385-0050

i stayed at the best western, and paid like 75, but it is a mile from the campus, and i ended up taking a cab to the hospital (5 minutes, 10 bux). vandy has a deal with embassy suites for 99+ tax i think. Also, if you need the exact location in terms of where u need to be in the AM, let me know, I can send it to you (don't have it with me), but it's a specific building, and not the main hospital. good luck, i had a great time there.