VCOM...who's joining me?? (2007)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Natatiap

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got the call today, whos joining me at VCOM in 2007?:D

Members don't see this ad.

Got the call today, whos joining me at VCOM in 2007?:D

Congrats! Blacksburg is a sweet town.

I'm not joining you at VCOM next year, but I am heading up to Blacksburg this weekend for the High-Octane Virginia Tech - Kent State Football game!

thats kewl. Anyone else in applying to VCOM or got accepted there?

Members don't see this ad :)
i've applied. they said they'd put my app on hold until they got my first semester grades from a graduate program i'm in right now. grr the wait...

what does that mean? do they only send secondaries to those they want to interview?

i don't know if they only send secondaries to people they wanna interview, but someone on the admissions committee told me that they definitely screen primary apps to assess whether you move on further or not.

Yup, they did that to me too...waited until my summer grades came in. I thought it was doomsday, but then I got an interview invite. Just went there two weeks ago. Nice school!

I have an interview in December, so I can't tell you if i'll be joining you there.

Can you please give any details of the interview? With who did you interview? What were some of the questions you were asked? your hardest question? overall impression of the day and the campus?

I'm still trying to decide on completing a post-bac certificate program and reapplying to VCU or just attending whichever school accepts me.

Thanks!

I have an interview in December, so I can't tell you if i'll be joining you there.

Can you please give any details of the interview? With who did you interview? What were some of the questions you were asked? your hardest question? overall impression of the day and the campus?

I'm still trying to decide on completing a post-bac certificate program and reapplying to VCU or just attending whichever school accepts me.

Thanks!

Trust me if you be yourself at the interview you'll do fine. Its really relaxed and very conversational. I actually posted on the Interview feedback page, its where I got a lot of my information before I interviewed there. Check it out, its a lot of help. I was interviewed by three diff people, each 30 mins long. Dr Mahaney Chair of Biochemistry, Dr Rogers Sports Medicine Fellow, and Dr Santo Professor of Pathology. It was my first interview but I was not nervous because it was really relaxed because they just want to get to know who you are. I actually went to VCU for undergrad so I would say apply to both, MCV is an excellent school as well. I enjoyed VCOM because of the people but being from the city, rural blacksburg is a little change for me but something I am up for. If you didn't already have an interview coming up I would tell you to go to the open house but you will learn a lot about the school on the interview day. Like I said just look on the SDN interview feedback page, every question you have will be answered. I wasn't asked anything that wasn't found on that page. Good luck, Hope you get in !! :luck:

I think I may be joining you! I just got accepted yesterday. Great place!

I think I may be joining you! I just got accepted yesterday. Great place!

Congrats!! Hope you come too.

By the way I had this thread under pre-osteo and it was moved here so now it looks like two vcom threads for 2011 are open. Oh well the more the merrier

Congrats on acceptances everyone! I was accepted about a month ago and VCOM is amongst my top choices. I can't wait!