VCU/MCV School of Pharmacy Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sooo...should I be worried that I haven't gotten it yet? And if I've already done one for another pharmacy school, would that mean I don't have to do another one?

You have to do a background check for EACH school.

Members don't see this ad.

are there any forums or maybe groups on facebook where we can get some information about housing? I would rather live off campus but I'm not from the area so I don't know whats considered close

Members don't see this ad :)
Those who have been accepted and sent in their deposit, did you receive any sort of confirmation that it had been received?

Does anyone know how often the admissions committee reviews applications? Also, how many interview days are left?

Does anyone know how often the admissions committee reviews applications? Also, how many interview days are left?

When they scheduled me for an interview, they said march 16 was the last interview day. :lame:

I interviewed on the 3/16 and I haven't heard anything yet. I believed they said it could take up the 4 weeks.

Hello! Has anyone gotten their financial aid package yet??

Hello VCU Admissions,

I'm one of the March interviewees. Can you let us know when will the next batch of preliminary acceptances mail out? Or when will the admission committee meet up again?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed months ago and took my PCAT in january.. they received the scores in mid-february and i still haven't heard ANYTHING... at this point all i'd like is a yes or no, just so i can start making plans...........

I interviewed months ago and took my PCAT in january.. they received the scores in mid-february and i still haven't heard ANYTHING... at this point all i'd like is a yes or no, just so i can start making plans...........

Omg... :( I would rather have a definite answer too so I can start finding housing. I'm pretty sure the people who haven't heard back are being placed on a wait list. I'll wait one more week then I'll call...

I know right! They've had my app since Nov last year! :mad:

At this time of the year our Admissions Process slows down a little as the Admissions Committee waits to see how many of the students who have already been made offers, accept our offer and matriculate, before making offers to additional students. We will continue to make some acceptance offers every week or two until the class is filled, which is usually late May/early June. At that time, all remaining applicants will be sent a letter informing them of the Admissions Committee's final decision. Some applicants will be asked if they would like to have their name placed on the alternate list.

I have withdrawn my acceptance offer to attend University of Washington, hope this helps with those looking for seats!

Dear VCU Admissions,

If you could, can you give us more information about the waitlist process? How do you rank applicants? Is it based on the interview dates or the strength of the application in general? Also, is it fair to assume that the march interviewees who haven't heard back by now are being placed on the waitlist? Thank you in advance. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Dear VCU Admissions,

If you could, can you give us more information about the waitlist process? How do you rank applicants? Is it based on the interview dates or the strength of the application in general? Also, is it fair to assume that the march interviewees who haven't heard back by now are being placed on the waitlist? Thank you in advance. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Although the VCU Class of 2017 is close to being finalized, there are still a few seats that have not yet been filled. Each time the Admissions Committee prepares to make offers, they consider all of the remaining candidates based upon their overall strength and not the date of their interview. Once the class is filled, the Committee will select some, but not all, of the applicants to be considered for the School's Alternate List (or Wait List). Applicants who have been interviewed will remain under active consideration for a seat in the class until a final decision is reached by the Admissions Committee. At such time, applicants will receive a letter with the decision by U.S. mail.

Thank you for the information! Unfortunately, I've been placed on the Wait List. Has anybody received similar email?

When do the tuition rates for 2013-2014 come out?

When do the tuition rates for 2013-2014 come out?

The VCU Board of Visitors plans to approve the tuition rates for 2013-2014 at their meeting in May. The rates are usually announced shortly after their approval.

Hello VCU Admissions,

Statistically, how many people were placed on the Wait List and how many were pulled from the list in the last couple years? Also, is it recommended for applicants to send in an update of activities (e.g. obtain tech license, additional community services, extra courses, etc) to the admission committee for consideration?

Hello VCU Admissions,

Statistically, how many people were placed on the Wait List and how many were pulled from the list in the last couple years? Also, is it recommended for applicants to send in an update of activities (e.g. obtain tech license, additional community services, extra courses, etc) to the admission committee for consideration?

We don't keep statistics on the wait list, but every year a number of students are admitted from the wait list up until the time that New Student Orientation starts in mid-August. Wait listed applicants don't need to send in additional activities or other documentation.

Hi VCU Admissions,
If I decide not to enroll at VCU, is it possible to get any part of my enrollment deposit money back?

Has anyone received financial aid info from VCU or know when they will be awarding fin aid?

I was wondering if the wait list has already been made and if not is there a time frame, and does that mean for everyone else that they will receive a rejection letter soon?

Hello VCU Admissions,
I was wondering when I could be expecting to receive financial aid information and information regarding when school starts?

Thanks so much!

Hello VCU Admissions,

Will the school notify the wait list candidates of their acceptances through email or phone?

Hello VCU Admissions,
I was wondering when I could be expecting to receive financial aid information and information regarding when school starts?

Thanks so much!

The VCU SOP is not involved in the financial aid process. For information concerning your financial aid request, please contact the representative in the VCU Financial Aid Office assigned to the SOP, Nicky Abdul.

Abdul, Nicole
title: Counselor
department: Financial Aid

building: 1000 E Marshall St
phone: (804) 828-2702
email: [email protected]

Once the Class of 2017 roster is finalized (probably early to mid-June), we will be sending out more information to accepted students. New Student Orientation usually starts sometime during the 2nd full week of August.

I was wondering if the wait list has already been made and if not is there a time frame, and does that mean for everyone else that they will receive a rejection letter soon?

At this time the Class of 2017 has been filled and some candidates were offered a spot on the Alternate or Waiting List. All other applicants will be sent a final decision letter within the next several weeks.

Hello VCU Admissions,

Will the school notify the wait list candidates of their acceptances through email or phone?

Tentative acceptance offers are typically sent to wait list candidates by email, the same as for other accepted applicants. Wait list candidates may be contacted by phone as well, if an opening in the class occurs very late in the process and there is limited time before New Student Orientation starts.

Can anyone tell me if getting residency in Virginia will be easy? I got accepted to U of maryland which will give me residency after one year, but my fiancé will be attending school in Virginia.I would like to be close to him, but then again I don't want a huge loan.

I don't know if anything has changed since then, but the pharmacist I work with came from NY to attend pharmacy school at MCV. She's been practicing in VA ever since she graduated, and has tried several times to gain VA state-residency (for tuition purposes), but didn't get it. She also went to court to show that she still is in VA and is going to stay here, but nothing was done about her tuition.

She graduated quite a while ago though, I don't know if things have changed now? Maybe check this link
http://www.schev.edu/students/vadomicile.asp and try calling the school to see how feasible in state tuition is :) good luck to you!! Hope things work out!

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if getting residency in Virginia will be easy? I got accepted to U of maryland which will give me residency after one year, but my fiancé will be attending school in Virginia.I would like to be close to him, but then again I don't want a huge loan.

Garrbear, did you get into the baltimore campus? If so, I did too, but declined - I actually heard MD is harder to get residency than VA. I've got 4 friends who attend UMB and all are out-of-state. My other 2 friends go to VCU and say the same thing. I'd go to VCU!! The 2 friends there have convinced me more than my friends at UMB :) Whatever you choose, good luck and hope to meet you this fall.

so is there anyone besides me who hasn't heard a thing from VCU yet?? I emailed them like a month and a half ago and still nothing, i guess they're all gone for the summer =/

I just received my acceptance letter to VCU yesterday! Don't give up hope, maybe you will hear back by this week.

I just received my acceptance letter to VCU yesterday! Don't give up hope, maybe you will hear back by this week.

I sure hope so... the only thing is now i don't think i'd have enough time to do loans and all that good stuff =/

Hey guys I'm apply this fall. I'm worried because I have a 3.1 because of one class that I didn't even have to take. Can people w lower gpas post some accepted pcat/gpa scores? I need some confidence.

I have interview at VCU on saturday. my gpa is 3.43 and pcat 14%. biology and chemistry 402. i did super bad in english part. Can anybody tell me about my chances to get into vcu with this stat.. I would appreciate your truth.