Venting about MDs vs. Pharmacists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To be honest I don't know why you're freaking out, I thought the post was quite insightful and nice to add to the discussion...

Ok, owl, I tried to be nice but a little moderation wouldnt hurt here. Especially when you dont take it into your own hands to close flame worthy threads like this that bring nothing productive but only pointless arguing.

Cloud, are you serious with this q ? She is not freaking out. :confused::confused: :confused: she is probably just like me, going wtf ? This discussion needs to die and bumping it up with posts cintributing little to nothing is beyond obnoxious.

Members don't see this ad.

To be honest I don't know why you're freaking out, I thought the post was quite insightful and nice to add to the discussion...

Heh, I agree with you 9. I like when we get interdisciplinary up in here. Particularly when the posts add substance to the conversation. :shrug:

Ok, owl, I tried to be nice but a little moderation wouldnt hurt here. Especially when you dont take it into your own hands to close flame worthy threads like this that bring nothing productive but only pointless arguing.

Cloud, are you serious with this q ? She is not freaking out. :confused::confused: :confused: she is probably just like me, going wtf ? This discussion needs to die and bumping it up with posts cintributing little to nothing is beyond obnoxious.

Haha, lets just say I don't see eye to eye with you on this. She may have bumped an old thread, but the post itself was insightful, IMO. I never really thought about how unappreciated some MDs or other healthcare professionals might feel.

But I will moderate up in here, just because you asked:

SDN is a community of healthcare professionals and future healthcare professionals. Flaming, Trolling, or any other TOS violation can result in disciplinary action. Please remember to stay civil at all times.

How was that? ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, sorry for all the posts, but one last thing!

If anyone ever finds a post they think violates the TOS, report it by using the report button. Every post that is reported is reviewed by the volunteer moderator staff. :thumbup:

I can't seem to get the picture option to work but the report button is on every post under the username and looks like a red triangle. To the left, somewhere over here:
<-------------------------
report.php

I've worked in a dr's office for many years. While pharmacists are very smart and well trained they are not MD's. I used to work for a doctor who would tell arrogant pharmacists that the doctor writes the script and their job is to fill the orders. He would often ask them where they got their MD at?

I've worked in a dr's office for many years. While pharmacists are very smart and well trained they are not MD's. I used to work for a doctor who would tell arrogant pharmacists that the doctor writes the script and their job is to fill the orders. He would often ask them where they got their MD at?

That doctor is tragically incorrect and I would love to see his slack jawed response to the many times pharmacists have likely saved his license by not just "filling the orders" on errors he probably isn't even aware he made

Ok, thanks for the update.

Reactions: 1 users
What a train wreck of a thread. Lmao

Incorrectly using a question mark in a sentence that also ends in a preposition should result in an automatic ban.

Mods, don't allow this to go unpunished. Do it for the children.

I can't believe this thread was bumped after 4 years. I also can't believe that I'm still reading these (albeit irregularly) after 4 years.

I'm also pretty surprised to see that I still have the same opinion that I did 4 years ago about this topic. I work in an incredibly collegial environment now that allows everyone to focus on their true strengths and weaknesses (pharmacists and physicians alike), and I can say that cooperation really does improve patient care. It makes me happy that my P4 naïveté (thanks autocorrect!) actually ended up being the truth - at least where I work.

I agree. Let's abolish the state boards of pharmacy.

Look at how stupid the average patient/customer is. Do you really need their approval to feel valued? Your paycheck reflects your value, not some customer who cannot read on his bottle that there are no refills.

Can pharmacists pick capsule or tablet yet, please
ha, i always do. "tablet OK per MD" --- this doesn't seem too hard for me. there are very few instances where i can imagine this would be a problem

then again i float and am getting out of the field anyway, so idgaf really