Vet School WW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I have never seen it. I'm too young I guess :smuggrin: ( I can't mod a game without mentioning your age at least once, it's bad luck)
Have you seen any Mel Brooks movies? How about Young Frankenstein. That's even better!

Blazing saddles is an awesome classic. And I'm not old like SOV ;)
Sorry Dyachei, in this forum, you are old like me, just not as old as me!

Hate to correct, but Blazing Saddles got it from The Treasure of Sierra Madre. Humphrey Bogart B&W

Well, pretty much everything in that movie is stolen/making fun of something else, so I am not surprised, although I don't remember that line from Treasure.... although I only saw it once (and NO I did NOT see it when it was first released).

2 for 2, and in record time, reaching plurality before the deadline.:thumbup:

... with no student losses. Soon as the game pits vet students against professors, it gets ugly. :)

I'm off to study for the night. Hoping to not fail for real on an endocrinology test 'morrow.

Can I pre-vote for the next day cycle? I'm going to get caught up with endocrinology until that test is over midday-ish tomorrow.

Have you seen any Mel Brooks movies? How about Young Frankenstein. That's even better!

Well, pretty much everything in that movie is stolen/making fun of something else, so I am not surprised, although I don't remember that line from Treasure.... although I only saw it once (and NO I did NOT see it when it was first released).

:laugh:

How about Space Balls? I used to watch that like every other weekend when I was 5.

I have seen Robin Hood: Men in Tights. It is probably one of my all time faves. Watched it when I was young enough to not get most of the jokes but still loved it. Loved it even more when I was old enough to understand all of the innuendo.

Off Topic again: The talk about being too "young" to know about something reminded me of this.

Last week I was joking around with the kennel girl at work and as per usual she found a way to get a joke back in later on during the night. So after her statement I said, "Shh. I don't need comments from the peanut gallery." She started laughing at me and making fun of me for saying that. She had no clue what I meant by the peanut gallery. I so felt my age starting to show and I am not that old.

... with no student losses. Soon as the game pits vet students against professors, it gets ugly. :)

I'm off to study for the night. Hoping to not fail for real on an endocrinology test 'morrow.

Can I pre-vote for the next day cycle? I'm going to get caught up with endocrinology until that test is over midday-ish tomorrow.
Yep, you can always pre-vote.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think I did, but I would have been too young to go to movies. We were also living in Japan at the time. So we just had the VHS
Aaaahhhh VHS. Remember when you would get lines at the top/bottom of the screen and you would have to track it to get it back to playing right? Those were the days.

sheepdogpsu uploaded a photo
images

Don't think it was Dr. Google because the first night (when it was used), we were told in the write-up. So it was either another item that prevented an attack or a conversion.

sorry I'm just reading through everything now, but it could also be a role that protected. that might explain nothing being noted. But I'm more inclined to think conversion

Or when finding a scene in a movie was a lot more time-consuming?
or when there was no VHS machines and you had to wait for your favorite movie to be played on Public TV, because there was NO CABLE.

Oops. I am really dating myself. And will my wife finish her stupid work so I can stop posting about this.

or when there was no VHS machines and you had to wait for your favorite movie to be played on Public TV, because there was NO CABLE.

Oops. I am really dating myself. And will my wife finish her stupid work so I can stop posting about this.

Right, but you could just tape it for next time. Before DVRs there wasn't a good way to do that from live tv as VHS started its long decline.

*this should all be in ways to procrastinate for a test for vet school.

WAHOOOOO!!!!! Thank goodness! I was starting to get worried that if wildcat wasn't a wolf, that everyone would think *I* was for pushing so hard :laugh:. For once, a typo lynch actually worked! :woot:

Oh man... does this mean I'm wolfie bait :scared:. I don't know anything else I swear!!!! :help::whoa::ninja: :eek:

Shoot I missed the second lynch vote too! I was shadowing earlier then around five my body decided clearly I needed to catch up on my sleep without consulting me and I pretty much passed out, completely missing the day cycle :mad:.

If someone can investigate, I'd say check out krist so I can hopefully clear my (and I think DVMDreams too) suspicions. That or bbeventer has been reminding me of a dino-bbeventer:p

hopefully it's nothing though :D

that's my two cents, anyone else have anything to go off of?

If someone can investigate, I'd say check out krist so I can hopefully clear my (and I think DVMDreams too) suspicions. That or bbeventer has been reminding me of a dino-bbeventer:p

hopefully it's nothing though :D

that's my two cents, anyone else have anything to go off of?

Well considering dino-me didn't get to stay alive long, I don't know what you are basing that off of :p

Please do, investigate. You'll find just another struggling vet student ;)

sheepdogpsu uploaded a photo
images

fromthebox commented on sheepdogpsu's photo: "I hate it when I get my Schwartz twisted!"

I watched most of the Bond movies on the TNN? Thanksgiving Bond marathons.. I still have the VHS tapes made of them and the Magnavox VCR with manual tracking that I recorded them with is still at my parents. Though it is no longer the main device (I got a combo VHS/DVD player for dad)

In game news, I second AKDream's request for investigations. Not necessarily of anyone specific but that they should be going on.

Anyone else have suspicions?

I still have the VHS tapes made of them and the Magnavox VCR with manual tracking that I recorded them with is still at my parents. Though it is no longer the main device (I got a combo VHS/DVD player for dad)

Sigh. This thread reminds me that I need to convert all my old MST3K VHS recordings to something useable.

(What can I say - Endocrinology just isn't holding my attention tonight. Impending doom for tomorrow, though....)

Sigh. This thread reminds me that I need to convert all my old MST3K VHS recordings to something useable.

(What can I say - Endocrinology just isn't holding my attention tonight. Impending doom for tomorrow, though....)

GO STUDY!! We don't want you to fail IRL! Or, if you can't study you should at least be out in Dinkytown or somewhere.

I also keep missing the lynch votes. *sigh* I have a huge small animal med exam tomorrow that is seriously going to murder me, so I've been very consumed with that all day. I will be more active tomorrow around noonish, when that exam is OVER.

But even though I didn't help contribute, yay students for getting two IN A ROW! :)

GO STUDY!! We don't want you to fail IRL! Or, if you can't study you should at least be out in Dinkytown or somewhere.

Oh, I won't really fail. It's a semester-long 6-credit class with 7 exams and I'm sitting on 95% after 3 of them. I'd have to try hard to fail it at this point (which, really, is part of the problem).

I believe I'm suffering from "first week back from spring break syndrome."

Oh, I won't really fail. It's a semester-long 6-credit class with 7 exams and I'm sitting on 95% after 3 of them. I'd have to try hard to fail it at this point (which, really, is part of the problem).

I believe I'm suffering from "first week back from spring break syndrome."

wow congrats on the grades! I wish I still had a spring break. Maybe some day, if I get off this wait list....

Whew! Closed up work, came home, picked up some dinner w/the husband, and spent the rest of the time catching up!!

AWESOME work, guys! :) 2 in a row! I'm not gonna get TOO excited yet, because I'm pretty sure we got 2 early in the JP game and then had to wait a while for the next one. :(

Still waiting on a few PMs. You have <30 minutes now. If I don't get yours, we will move on without it!

To get off the wait list and into vet school is the dream. I hope things start moving after April 15th. I would love it if we received some good news.

I think my phone is going to be super glued to my hand starting April 15th.

I missed it too but good work guys!! :thumbup: I'm almost more upset that I missed all the mel brooks banter...I have the entire collection on DVD (nerd alert)...spaceballs is definitely a fav but I LOVE history of the world pt 1!!! Oh who am I kidding I pretty much love them all! Although nobody lynch me for saying this, blazing saddles is low on my list of favorite mel brooks movies, still funny of course, but not one of my favorites! :eek:

Anyone care to admit that they had the scalpel the first night? I know you don't have it anymore since I think someone from my group had it and lost it. But who had it first?

Anyone care to admit that they had the scalpel the first night? I know you don't have it anymore since I think someone from my group had it and lost it. But who had it first?

I know it doesn't answer your question but I had it the second night, asked DVMdream what she thought I should do with it because I had no clue, and I just went with a RNG to silence someone. Luckily for that person it was a very short night/day cycle so they didn't have to stay silenced long.

So I just realized that I was waiting on a PM from a dead person. Sorry bout that. Night closed, results pending.

I bet no one wants to say they had it and silenced LIS just yet, since LIS might be a student!

And LIS how did you know you got stabbed by the scalpel the first night? Just wondering, since I'm inclined to think there was a failed attack the first night (which correct me if I'm wrong), but I think that usually results in silence? Maybe someone who knows more about failed wolf attacks can weigh in? so if LIS was actually silenced by the scalpel then maybe there is another silenced person? I also wonder if LIS could be a wolf and a fellow wolf was lucky enough to have the scalpel. If that's the case the LIS could easily say the scalpel silenced her and have no one to argue it?

thoughts?

And LIS how did you know you got stabbed by the scalpel the first night? Just wondering, since I'm inclined to think there was a failed attack the first night (which correct me if I'm wrong), but I think that usually results in silence? Maybe someone who knows more about failed wolf attacks can weigh in? so if LIS was actually silenced by the scalpel then maybe there is another silenced person? I also wonder if LIS could be a wolf and a fellow wolf was lucky enough to have the scalpel. If that's the case the LIS could easily say the scalpel silenced her and have no one to argue it?

thoughts?

LIS has been super helpful in PMs with my group and has really not been suspicious at all so I'm just putting that out there. I think we should hold off a while before failing LIS.

LIS has been super helpful in PMs with my group and has really not been suspicious at all so I'm just putting that out there. I think we should hold off a while before failing LIS.

agreed, I have people I'm more suspicious of, just trying to get some ideas out there. the more it's talked about the more there is a chance of discrepancies :D

I agree with this!

The students arrived early to school the next day because they knew their grades would be posted. When they arrived to school the next day they found that no one had failed, but one student had been excused from the test. Alaskandream was lucky that he owned a car. He was able to get out of town just in time to not take the test.

It is now Day 4. You have until 12pm CST tomorrow to decide who to fail. Vote wisely

22 players remain.
First Year
1. Nordicat
2. NStarz
3. PetPony
4. Fireflysushi

6. LIS

Second Year
1. FTB
2. DVMDream
3. Krist
4. wldlfstdnt