Visiting Austrailia for International Exchange Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mailee88

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on coming to Australia in Feb 2005 for a month for an exchange program. I have several options as to where to do an elective and what to do it in.
Perth, Western Australia: The University of Western Australia

Hobart, Tasmania University of Tasmania

Melbourne, Victoria University of
Melbourne

Does anyone have any opinions about any of these?? Since this rotation will be done late in the year, I just want to basically have it easy and just really enjoy being there for a month. I want something easy...perhaps in Peds...IM...etc. If anyone has any idea about what place is a good one to go for a tourist and any tips on travel, food, nightlife...etc... that would be great. Thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by mailee88
I am planning on coming to Australia in Feb 2005 for a month for an exchange program. I have several options as to where to do an elective and what to do it in.
Perth, Western Australia: The University of Western Australia

Hobart, Tasmania University of Tasmania

Melbourne, Victoria University of
Melbourne

Does anyone have any opinions about any of these?? Since this rotation will be done late in the year, I just want to basically have it easy and just really enjoy being there for a month. I want something easy...perhaps in Peds...IM...etc. If anyone has any idea about what place is a good one to go for a tourist and any tips on travel, food, nightlife...etc... that would be great. Thanks !

Tasmania is as touristy as you can get. If you do come here try and get Royal Hobart you don't want burnie or launceston...you can fly to melbourne from Hobart for about $70 one way, so it's close to melb.

Perth on the other hand while nice is really isolated from the rest of australia...so if you want to see something I would suggest Melb or Hobart.

dude
wa has some of the most incredible natural landscapes anywhere in the world. but.....you wanna stay on the east coast and definitely check out sydney and melb as this is your first time in oz.

hey,
i'm also interested in an international medicine program in Perth, could you give me some info on this program? I won't be going until jan 2006.

I hear the surfing on the west coast is the best in the world- if you're a surfer!