VMCAS APP: Is there really difference between submitting early vs. late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RoRey14

c/o 2020!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am curious to see if schools using VMCAS (other than the Caribbean and Midwestern?) actually do rolling admissions for applicants. Everyone's been telling me it doesn't affect your chances whether you submit the first or last day, but I wanted some confirmation.

I was planning on submitting my application mid-August so I could include some summer course grades on my transcript.

*please excuse my typo on the post title :X

Members don't see this ad.

There's no difference other than with those few rolling schools you mentioned (Caribbean and Midwestern).

My only advice is to make sure it's in early enough that you won't get screwed over last minute thanks to technology. I say this because I waited till a few hours before deadline to submit since I was compulsively editing and rechecking for weeks. My app made it in fine, I closed my computer, and the next time I opened it I found the hard drive has crashed and I had to send it off to get replaced. I was sooo incredibly lucky it hadn't happened earlier in the day or I would have been SOL since all my app stuff was only on there (I didn't upload my docs to vmcas until I was ready for the final submit).

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless you're doing an extra service that requires more time for processing (like the professional transcript entry), it won't matter when you apply as long as it's before the deadline. I'm doing the professional entry service so I need everything ready to submit by early August at the latest.

I don't like submitting or paying for anything until everything is complete which includes all of my eLOR's. Honestly, for me it's always been the eLOR's that pushes me past my ideal self-imposed deadline every year, usually waiting on a non-vet person.

Only difference I found was its effect on my peace of mind. It was nice to have everything done a month before the main deadline so that all I had to do was focus on my supp. apps and semester classwork.