Voice Recorder

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulSlav

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a voice recorder for school. Would anyone suggest one, or maybe even an iPad app?

And as far as iPad apps, how good is the mic, optimal range, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

If you have an iphone, it came with an app called Voice Memos. It works fairly well.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've used inClass on my iPad (1st gen) and it's worked well in both small classrooms and lecture halls.

Edit: I tend to sit in the front, so can't speak to a maximum range, but it worked much better than I expected.

Use Voice Memos app on an iPod. I use it every semester and get great audio recordings that I can transcribe onto paper later when I am studying.

If you have a Mac, open up Word and go to View > Notebook layout. You can then record audio in Word and take notes simultaneously, then if you want to listen to a certain part again, each line of notes has a little speaker icon that you click and it plays back the audio that was taken when you were typing on that line. It's GENIUS and I used the crap out of that in undergrad. Plus the layout is cute with the notebook and the tabbies. :love:

Idk if PC's have that feature in Word.

Reactions: 1 users
I like to use the notability app on my iPad, that way I can record and take notes with a stylus and have them in the same place.

Windows has a good one too. I sat in the back of a 200 person lecture hall and recorded with the voice recorder. :)

If you have a Mac, open up Word and go to View > Notebook layout. You can then record audio in Word and take notes simultaneously, then if you want to listen to a certain part again, each line of notes has a little speaker icon that you click and it plays back the audio that was taken when you were typing on that line. It's GENIUS and I used the crap out of that in undergrad. Plus the layout is cute with the notebook and the tabbies. :love:

Idk if PC's have that feature in Word.
If PC's don't have this feature, I'm getting a MAC ASAP. :)