Voiding vs. Not Showing Up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThePatientPatient

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a few questions and hope someone can help!

I'm not scoring as well as I'd hoped and am planning on pushing my MCAT that's scheduled for this Friday 5/20.

• If I sit for it and void (kind of like taking an expensive practice exam) is there any negative consequence that would be unfavorable to me? According to this thread from earlier in the year, AdComs can see voided exam scores now if they choose?
  • If I simply don't show up for the exam, what are the consequences besides the fact that I get no refund? Would AdComs also be able to see this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I researched this a while back, but never got a conclusive response. On the AAMC website it says your voids will appear on the MCAT score report system, meaning if you void, it will show up as a blank (date with no score). Now the tricky part is when you fill out AMCAS, only your scored exams get sent. But, AAMC also claims that med schools can verify official score reports with the new MCAT score reporting system. The million dollar question is whether they see what we see (scores + voids as blanks), or just the scored exams (as in a score report in the past). Check this thread out, harder than the hardest CARS to interpret imo lol: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/do-schools-see-your-mcat-score-reporting-system.1159901/

I researched this a while back, but never got a conclusive response. On the AAMC website it says your voids will appear on the MCAT score report system, meaning if you void, it will show up as a blank (date with no score). Now the tricky part is when you fill out AMCAS, only your scored exams get sent. But, AAMC also claims that med schools can verify official score reports with the new MCAT score reporting system. The million dollar question is whether they see what we see (scores + voids as blanks), or just the scored exams (as in a score report in the past). Check this thread out, harder than the hardest CARS to interpret imo lol: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/do-schools-see-your-mcat-score-reporting-system.1159901/

Damn you're right it really is such a fuzzy area. What did you ultimately decide (if you were indeed in this predicament)?

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm in the same boat as you! scored a 501 on my aamc scored this week (126/123/127/125) and i dont think its a good idea for me to score this :(