VSAS denials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gasman16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Was just wondering if others were having trouble getting accepted for an audition rotation August through November? I have been denied to almost all of mine and am getting worried that I won't be accepted for any. Worried if not doing enough auditions will hurt me interview wise. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Where have you been applying? I just kind of started applying to most of the ones that opened up first of May, so mine are all pending currently.

Members don't see this ad :)
edit: misread your post

Last year a friend of mine contacted a school regarding his denial and with the help of an advisor, he was able to communicate with the program and receive an invite. He ended up matching there

edit: misread your post

Last year a friend of mine contacted a school regarding his denial and with the help of an advisor, he was able to communicate with the program and receive an invite. He ended up matching there

I did none of that. As an insider now, I realize it was just mattrer of tight scheduling.

locked one down at emory, granted "eligible for scheduling" status at university of miami (which I guess means I have a spot if they have an opening...although the scheduling coordinator has yet to respond to my email...). i applied to emory within minutes of their "now accepting applications" email. did the same for northwestern and have been "under host institution review" since then. all others say "pending host institution review."

Applied in northeast and southeast. Only applied to one per month cause didn't want to reject a place, in hindsight should have applied to more lol have been calling and emailing places now. I also applied within minutes of places opening on vsas. Oh well! I'm getting the impression that these auditions are more harmful then beneficial from friends at some of these residency programs. Good luck to all!!

More harmful than beneficial? How so?
From what I hear, it's sortof tough to do extremely well on an audition without bothering one person whether it's having trouble intubating or even doing too well intubating and taking cases from residents. If You rub one person the wrong way, you may have messed up your shot. However, if you do really well, you increase your chances of getting in! So I'm still trying to do as many auditions as before, but am not gonna freak out about not getting one of I don't!

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone who applied to northwestern for visiting student rotation heard back? my application has been marked under review since the 13th of april, whereas the rest of my vsas applications say pending host institution review. made me think that northwestern might be actively reviewing my app, but i aint heard squat.