W on transcript and motivation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lakerslakers

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hellosees everyone ( I say that when i pick up the phone haha).
I have a question regarding a W on transcript and how many I can have to be a good applicant to Med Schools.
I'm a sophomore in undergrad and really have been trying hard to focus and buckle down this year since last year I got a 3.12, no science classes though.
This year I'm in Bio 1, Chem, Economics, and Accounting (such a hassle), I also am in IS which is an online class, easiest A ever! But that's where my W comes in.
In the last 2 Bio test average has been like 40s and 50s and I've gotten A's on both and same with Chemistry and Accounting, so right now I have a 4.0 butttttt, I failed to sign up correctly to my online class and have gotten a zero for every. single. assignment. that has been given out :(. I fixed the problem from signing up but now the highest grade I can get in that class is a C, and I really can't afford a C, so should I just get a W on my transcript for it? I was planning on possibly using my Ws on Orgo and such, how will schools look at the W in an easy online class?

Also, I doubt myself and intelligence quite a bit and look around and assume there must be at least 200 out of 500 people in Bio 1 trying to be a doctor, or so I presume. I feel like I'm barely a competitor, if at all, for Med School, do some of y'all feel like this too? If so, how do y'all reassure yourselves?

Thanks for y'all's help!

Members don't see this ad.

Just drop it. It won't matter.

Withdraw and forget about it. It's really early in your gunning career. Just consider this your get out of jail free card -- as long as this is one of the only blips on your record, it will hardly be noticed. Obviously, you don't want to make a habit of withdrawing from classes, though. But I can guarantee no one will even ask you about it, ever.

Reactions: 1 user
Withdraw. No shame. Show improvement. Nobody will ask you about it on the many interviews you will have at top tier institutions ;)