WA Schools (UW, UPS, EWU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations everyone! Pretty bummed to have not received an acceptance this morning. I am thinking of calling to find out if I am on the wait-list or not. Is it better to wait a couple of days?

Members don't see this ad.

congrats to everyone who got accepted! :)

@yesknow it's okay, I'm in the same boat as you. I haven't heard back either and I'm still pretty anxious about it. I emailed Céline and she stated decisions would be emailed incrementally so maybe hold off from giving her a call.

congrats to everyone who got accepted! :)

@yesknow it's okay, I'm in the same boat as you. I haven't heard back either and I'm still pretty anxious about it. I emailed Céline and she stated decisions would be emailed incrementally so maybe hold off from giving her a call.

Thanks for letting me know! I will probably wait until tomorrow so I don't overwhelm. That response seems like she's implying that not all the decisions have been sent out. When did you receive that response from Celine? Seems a bit strange to email quite a few people early in the morning and then let others know later on...

Members don't see this ad :)
My email said they were not done processing applications yet. So if you haven't heard yet there is still hope!

Reactions: 2 users
@yesknow I got the response earlier this afternoon... I thought it was a bit odd too, however, I know a few schools that release the decisions similarly. But I don't think we should lose hope yet! I hope we both get in! :D

Has anyone heard from them today? I'm in the same boat as the people above. Just constantly checking my email and my UW account. Let me know

I got my acceptance email yesterday morning! They asked me to give them an answer by 3/15 but I asked for an extension so they're giving me until 3/22. They also said they weren't done processing all the applications. Is there anyone on this thread who's a current UW OT student?

@OTGirl93 thanks! That gives me a better idea of why they are making some people wait. They have probably sent out a handful of acceptances and are waiting to see how many people reject them before they accept more people

For those who got accepted into UW, can you see your application status (such as Accepted) by logging into UW graduate application? Thank you:)

For those who got accepted into UW, can you see your application status (such as Accepted) by logging into UW graduate application? Thank you:)
No it doesn't say anything on the application when I log on! I just got a direct email about my acceptance

Reactions: 1 user
I know people heard a few days ago when they were accepted, but did anyone hear yesterday (3/10) or today (3/11)?

Sorry I keep pestering and asking around! I'm just starting lose hope on getting accepted..

I accepted my admission to UPS and I'm so excited to attend! Wondering if anyone knows where there is a network of confirmed students to start talking about plans to move and things like that or if you guys would be interested in creating one!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for letting me know! I will probably wait until tomorrow so I don't overwhelm. That response seems like she's implying that not all the decisions have been sent out. When did you receive that response from Celine? Seems a bit strange to email quite a few people early in the morning and then let others know later on...

Definitely let me know what she says... I am thinking of calling by next week if I don't hear anything.

I accepted my admission to UPS and I'm so excited to attend! Wondering if anyone knows where there is a network of confirmed students to start talking about plans to move and things like that or if you guys would be interested in creating one!

I've decided to attend UPS as well and accepted my admission! I haven't found a network of the confirmed students (I've searched on Facebook) but I think it would be a great idea to create one for our class! I have no idea where I'm going to live and I don't know anyone in Tacoma so it'd be nice to get to know everyone in our class!

I just received the rejection email from UW today = (

I got a rejection email today too :( Has anyone who went to the EWU interview heard back yet?

No rejection today and still haven't heard a word from UW. Could mean wait list? Waiting for a response from Celine about my application status.

No rejection today and still haven't heard a word from UW. Could mean wait list? Waiting for a response from Celine about my application status.
I still haven't heard anything either! Please let me know if you get a response!

I received a rejection today via e-mail.

I still haven't heard anything either! Please let me know if you get a response!
She said I would hear by the end of the day and I already have. I'm on the alternate list.

Just kidding, just found out I'm on the wait list!

I hope everything works out for all of you getting on the wait list! I know a friend of mine got in to UW but may choose to go somewhere else.

For anyone who will be attending UPS in the fall of 2016- Have you found a place to live? I'm from out of state so I've been searching for housing. Single bedroom housing seems to be quite expensive so I'm looking for a possible housemate! Message me if you are interested!!

For everyone who is waiting to hear back from EWU, I emailed Lee and she said that decisions will be made by the end of the week and we will hear back no later than the end of the month.

Has anyone on the waitlist at UW found out what number they are? or do they not release that information?

Has anyone on the waitlist at UW found out what number they are? or do they not release that information?
Celine told me that they are not using numbers this year. She was, however, able to tell me whether I was near the top, middle, or end of the list and what she thought my chances of acceptance were. She was super helpful and you should definitely email her and ask!

Celine told me that they are not using numbers this year. She was, however, able to tell me whether I was near the top, middle, or end of the list and what she thought my chances of acceptance were. She was super helpful and you should definitely email her and ask!

Thanks Cal12! I did! She said I was in the top but the class is already close to full. I'm guessing she means there won't be much more movement?

Thanks Cal12! I did! She said I was in the top but the class is already close to full. I'm guessing she means there won't be much more movement?
Yeah, when I emailed her last week she said that the class was already mostly full. I agree that it doesn't seem like many spots will open up at this point, but maybe it could happen! Good luck! :)

Got rejected from EWU today. For those of you who got accepted, was it your first time interviewing and what are your stats?

Got rejected from EWU today. For those of you who got accepted, was it your first time interviewing and what are your stats?

This was my first time interviewing. Also, for anyone who ends up on the waitlist at EWU I will be giving up my spot and attending UW.
@labailarina11 here are my stats:

Undergrad: Western Washington University
Major: Human Services
Undergrad GPA: 3.49 (otcas)
Prerequisite GPA: 3.87 - 3.94 (depending on school)
GRE: 154 V 152 Q 4.0 AW

Extra-Curric: church children's ministry, college ministry small group leader, musician, camp counselor, homeless ministry outreach

Work experience: ABA Therapist

Volunteer: 229 hrs pediatric clinic, 139 hrs hospital outpatient rehab, 29 hrs geriatrics / productive aging

Applied: University of Washington, Eastern Washington University

Interviews: Eastern Washington University

Acceptances: University of Washington, Eastern Washington University

Rejections:N/A

Attending: University of Washington!

I got waitlisted at EWU, I don't know what my chances are of getting in but maybe someone could tell me what they think? Does anyone know when they typically start sending emails about the waitlist? Yesterday was the deadline for acceptance confirmation from those who were accepted. EWU is not doing a listed waitlist this year either, I asked Lee and she said it is not a numbered list, so I assume they are just going reevaluate everyone on the waitlist?
Undergrad Degree - Biology
Cumulative GPA - 3.72
Last 90 Credits - 3.8
Pre Reqs - 3.7
GRE: Verbal - 154; Quant - 158; Essay - 4

I had over 100 hours of OT job shadowing: 40 clinical, 15 hand therapy, 25 outpatient, 15 pediatric, 15 home health
Also, over 100 hours working as a home health care aid, and many extracurriculars
I had 5 letters of recommendations, one from the head of my undergrad department, 2 from OT's and, another teacher and a personal

Congratulations to all who were accepted everywhere!

I'll be attending UW as well! I can't wait to meet you all in the Fall. :D

I got waitlisted at EWU, I don't know what my chances are of getting in but maybe someone could tell me what they think? Does anyone know when they typically start sending emails about the waitlist? Yesterday was the deadline for acceptance confirmation from those who were accepted. EWU is not doing a listed waitlist this year either, I asked Lee and she said it is not a numbered list, so I assume they are just going reevaluate everyone on the waitlist?
Undergrad Degree - Biology
Cumulative GPA - 3.72
Last 90 Credits - 3.8
Pre Reqs - 3.7
GRE: Verbal - 154; Quant - 158; Essay - 4

I had over 100 hours of OT job shadowing: 40 clinical, 15 hand therapy, 25 outpatient, 15 pediatric, 15 home health
Also, over 100 hours working as a home health care aid, and many extracurriculars
I had 5 letters of recommendations, one from the head of my undergrad department, 2 from OT's and, another teacher and a personal

Congratulations to all who were accepted everywhere!
I know there has been some movement on the waitlist. Have you heard anything? I am on the waitlist as well and just holding out for the best.

I got waitlisted to the schools I applied for in Washington but I still wanted to post my stats:

Undergrad GPA: 3.71 at a UC
Prereq:3.84
GRE: 157,157, 4.0
Observations: 100 in a children's hospital, 90 in a skilled nursing facility, 100 in private practice
Work experience: special needs aide, recreation leader, preschool teacher
Excurr: president and founder of pre-ot club, sunday school teacher, soccer coach, SPCA

Applied: Puget Sound, UW, USC, Tufts, Samuel Merritt, Touro, Midwestern
Waitlisted: puget sound and UW
Accepted: USC, Tufts, SMU, Touro, and Midwestern

Though UW was my first choice, I'll be attending USC

@motups

an official FB group will be created by the school. hold on tight!

Anybody know when UW will be sending out decisions for 2017? I know mid-march, but the wait is kind of agonizing!