Wait listed at Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gamecock83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well- applying late hurt me. Applied on 1/15, interviewed on 2/21 and just found on AADSAS yesterday I was wait listed. Does anyone know the wait list stats? How many are on it and how many they take? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I interviewed at Tufts yesterday (03/06/06). They told us that last year they chose 8 students from the waitlist, but a year (or two years) before that only one. They said that the amount of movement changes each year and is very unpredictable. Hope this helps.

Got wait listed too, interviewed on 28/02.

Members don't see this ad :)
alphabet said:
Hey, I interviewed at Tufts yesterday (03/06/06). They told us that last year they chose 8 students from the waitlist, but a year (or two years) before that only one. They said that the amount of movement changes each year and is very unpredictable. Hope this helps.

Did they say how many people generally pay the fee to remain on the wait list?

I am withdrawing my acceptance from Tufts, so that will free up one more spot on the waiting list. (And a scholarship for whoever is next on the list). Goodluck guys.

gamecock83 said:
Did they say how many people generally pay the fee to remain on the wait list?

They said that 30-40 students will be on the waitlist. The waitlist is not ranked. The adcom reviews your application repeatedly to see how you measure up to others waiting on the list.

Yup, I just got waitlisted at Tufts as well...checked on AADSAS. Interviewed on 2/28. I will be withdrawing my file from further consideration at Tufts, so best of luck to the rest of you. Also, I just declined an interview at BU, so for any of you hoping to hear from them...there's still a chance.

Best,
IndDent

At my Tufts interview they mentioned that the applicants that make the waiting list are sometimes offered spots in the subsequent year's entering class. I was wondering if anyone knew about whether or not this auctually happens, and if it does how often it does and how selective they are.
I'm on the waiting list right now and would much rather wait a year to go to Tufts than go to the other school that I've gotten into. Plus having a year to spend work and travel would be awsome before getting myself into 4 more years of school.

chucklesleung said:
At my Tufts interview they mentioned that the applicants that make the waiting list are sometimes offered spots in the subsequent year's entering class. I was wondering if anyone knew about whether or not this auctually happens, and if it does how often it does and how selective they are.
I'm on the waiting list right now and would much rather wait a year to go to Tufts than go to the other school that I've gotten into. Plus having a year to spend work and travel would be awsome before getting myself into 4 more years of school.

just realize that there is no guarantee u will get in there (or anywhere else) next year. and they may be expecting u to do something to boost your application (or even apply again). it seems that stats for this cycle have gone up dramatically from the previous cycle, and it looks like this trend will continue

Hey... I was om the waitlist last year for Tufts and they didn't offer me a spot for this year, so I had to reapply....and that's what they told us in the interview...".people who get waitlisted will be offered spots for the following year"

mkdds said:
Hey... I was om the waitlist last year for Tufts and they didn't offer me a spot for this year, so I had to reapply....and that's what they told us in the interview...".people who get waitlisted will be offered spots for the following year"

Did they let you in this year? If yes, was your stats similar to what you had last year or was it better?

If you are high on their waitlist (and since the list is not ranked, i am not sure how "high" one needs to be), and you re-apply to Tufts, they will give you an acceptance around late August. This has happened before but not too many get it.

actually they told me none of the people on the waitlist got acceptances for his cycle due to the high volume of applicants....As for me I had to reapply again and even hough my stats were higher this year considering I received my BS and retook my DAT I didn't even get an interview from them this year.
DAT scores: academic: 20
total science : 21 (Ochem:21 bio: 22 gchem:19)
PAT:17
overall GPA: 3.48 Science GPA: 3.44

Oh and my GPA last year was pretty much the same but my DAT was 19 AA, 20 TS, 17 PAT