WAMC-2024-2025 cycle Pre-dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
are my stats alone ok for UPenn?
In my opinion, your stats aren't enough, especially if you still have the 15. Your 4 scores have established a pattern.

Members don't see this ad.

u said that my stats are low for UPenn?
Just because a school said they're fine with you applying doesn't necessarily mean your stats are competitive for the school. Upenn is an Ivy league, they get top candidates every year and your stats fall well below their averages. They won't say no to free money. That's just cut and dry.

With that said however, if your application aligns with the school's mission, and your EC's and other non-measurable categories like PS and other misc essays are well written and speak well on your behalf for doing well in a postbacc and trying to finish your pharmD (which you will also need to explain why the switch) and can articulate well your means for wanting to become a dentist then you can still stand a shot, we're just telling you it might be a longer shot rather than applying to other schools where your metrics might align more with.

I'd also like to point out that East Carolina doesn't accept applicants from outside of North Carolina so I'd remove that school unless you want to donate your money to ECU. I'd also not include the high school track and field accomplishments as schools are more curious about what you did in college and beyond.

I would also consider these schools: Highpoint University, Case Western, Touro, and Lincoln Memorial

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
u said that my stats are low for UPenn?
Why are you fixated with Penn? Yes, I think your stats and pattern of 4 DATs shows your track record is not on par with the students that Penn tends to want. I can be more blunt, but we're not talking to each other in-person. Of course, I can be wrong too, but having had a couple of students who got into Penn and separately reviewing applications from candidates who ultimately attended Penn, I'm more confident than not about my position from what you disclosed.

I know the folks who work at Penn admissions, and I cannot ascertain the context of their remarks to you because I wasn't in this conversation. Talk with other students in SNMA who go to the schools about your profile.

Last edited:
Why are you fixated with Penn? Yes, I think your stats and pattern of 4 DATs shows your track record is not on par with the students that Penn tends to want. I can be more blunt, but we're not talking to each other in-person. Of course, I can be wrong too, but having had a couple of students who got into Penn and separately reviewing applications from candidates who ultimately attended Penn, I'm more confident than not about my position from what you disclosed.

I know the folks who work at Penn admissions, and I cannot ascertain the context of their remarks to you because I wasn't in this conversation. Talk with other students in SNMA who go to the schools about your profile.
Are u telling me that ppl got accepted to Upenn with similar stats that I have?

I'm saying I don't know people with similar stats or pattern of DAT that got accepted to Penn. You could break the mold, but again, I deal with probabilities. Are you seeking praise or advice?

You still haven't answered my question why you are obsessed with Penn.

no. Here is the 5th percentile for UPenn's stats for their class of 2026.
5th-95th Percentiles
Science GPA: 3.33-4.00
Overall GPA: 3.49-3.99
DAT 5th percentile:
20AA, 18PAT, 19Sci

Your metrics fall below these values (outside of TS), meaning less than 5% of the class has stats like yours, and dental schools get more competitive with each cycle so chances are these values are slightly higher now. So statistically speaking, it's unlikely you stand a strong chance, but anything is possible. You need to do your homework on the school's mission and tailor your application towards that mission and articulate well on your essays.