DO WAMC 3.2 cGPA/sGPA 500 MCAT Nontrad 27 years old

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StillTryingtoGetThere

Reaction score
Just received my MCAT score moments ago and am finally read to fully submit my DO application for this cycle. Details are below:

Demographics:
27 Years Old
Hispanic: Half Mexican / Half South Asian
Low-Socioeconomic Status
I grew up and went to undergrad in NYC, but had been living in Texas for the past 4 years. I just moved back to NYC a few months ago, so I guess I’m still considered a Texas resident?

Stats:
Graduated in 2018 with Bachelors
CGPA: 3.2
SGPA: 3.2
  • Last 16 credits of this are post-bacc, all with an A
MCAT:
1st Attempt 8/2020 - 502
2nd Attempt 7/2023 - 500

Clinical / Volunteer Experience:
4000 hours as a Clinical Research Coordinator (2021 – Present)
3000 hours as a Medical Scribe (2018 – 2020)
1000 hours volunteering at a soup kitchen (2018 – Present)
300 hours as an EMT (2017-2018)
300 hours work in undergrad Chem Lab (2016-2018)
1000 hours of volunteer work tutoring low-income / underserved students (Multiple programs) (2015-2018)
70 hours shadowing (Emergency Medicine Physicians) (2017)

My personal statement and experiences have a strong focus on working with underserved and low-socioeconomic status communities.

Letter of Reccs:
Lead PI at major Academic hospital (Supervisor during my time as a Clinical Research Coordinator)
Soup Kitchen non-profit CEO
Lab manager at undergrad lab

Here is my current school list:
ACOM
BCOM
Touro (Harlem/Middletown)
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
VCOM ( All three schools)

Im hoping to have my primary fully submitted by end of this week, and will try to complete secondaries as soon aa they arrive.

Thoughts on what schools to add to my list, and my chances of admission would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You will need to apply broadly with your stats and I suggest these schools:
UNECOM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
MU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
ACOM
ARCOM
LMU-DCOM
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
NYIT-AR
BCOM
TUNCOM
DUQCOM
BUCOM
Touro-Montana
Noorda-COM
KHSC-COM

You will need to apply broadly with your stats and I suggest these schools:
UNECOM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
MU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
ACOM
ARCOM
LMU-DCOM
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
NYIT-AR
BCOM
TUNCOM
DUQCOM
BUCOM
Touro-Montana
Noorda-COM
KHSC-COM
Hey, thanks for the list @Faha

I just verified my application and turns out I made a big mistake in calculating my sGPA. My verified cGPA is still 3.2 (actually 3.25), but it seems my sGPA is a 2.97. I'm really worried as I don't want to get auto screened for the low sGPA.

Any advice on what to do at this point? I'm verified and submitted to only 1 school. Should I even bother applying to more at this point? Feeling a little hopeless tbh

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, thanks for the list @Faha

I just verified my application and turns out I made a big mistake in calculating my sGPA. My verified cGPA is still 3.2 (actually 3.25), but it seems my sGPA is a 2.97. I'm really worried as I don't want to get auto screened for the low sGPA.

Any advice on what to do at this point? I'm verified and submitted to only 1 school. Should I even bother applying to more at this point? Feeling a little hopeless tbh

I applied with a cGPA and sGPA both below 3.0, but I had a 50+ credit hour post bacc. I will say that you need to go to the website of every school faha listed and check their requirements to make sure none have a screen past your stats. I know schools like DUQCOM will screen you out even though they are a new school but have a 3.25 gpa cut off (last time I checked).

I’m just an M1, but my advice would be to take additional post bacc course. 20-30 credit hour range, use a calculator to see what that would bring your gpa up to.

I would say you still have a chance with applying this cycle.

I applied with a cGPA and sGPA both below 3.0, but I had a 50+ credit hour post bacc. I will say that you need to go to the website of every school faha listed and check their requirements to make sure none have a screen past your stats. I know schools like DUQCOM will screen you out even though they are a new school but have a 3.25 gpa cut off (last time I checked).

I’m just an M1, but my advice would be to take additional post bacc course. 20-30 credit hour range, use a calculator to see what that would bring your gpa up to.

I would say you still have a chance with applying this cycle.
Thanks for the advice!

Still kicking myself over how I could have been so dumb to miscalculate it, but I'll definitely check each website/email each school prior to sending in my application. applications.