WAMC 3.65sGPA, 3.8cGPA 518 MCAT URM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wazir

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should try to get an additional 20 hours of shadowing as 50+ total hours of shadowing may make your application much stronger.

You have a good list and should receive several interviews. You could add Dartmouth, Brown, Case Western and Miami

Members don't see this ad :)
id look into uchicago/northwestern. they put a lot of effort into recruiting high stats urm with research (at least that was my case, ahah).

also be aware, something I regret was not looking more into the California schools in state favorability, and how that affects your chances

@milesofmedicine do you have a lot of community service? I heard one or both of those schools(can't remember which) has a high emphasis on serving the community which I don't really have, so I avoided putting them on there.
I didn't have that much, I think you have more than I did when I applied (no gap year, covid applicant, though). I had like 30 in a free clinic that I mainly talked about in relation to my interests in working with underserved communities also in relation to my own identity.

Out of community service heavy schools on your list, id say that actually Mount Sinai has a very heavy emphasis on community service. I'd say they were second to uchicago in terms of prioritizing working with underserved communities during their interview day. NU does it too, but your research is p stellar so I'd loop it in with some of the other schools like cornell, Hopkins, washu, etc in terms of the criteria I think they mainly focus on (as research heavy). pm me if you have any question, would be more than willing to help!

id look into uchicago/northwestern. they put a lot of effort into recruiting high stats urm with research (at least that was my case, ahah).
Every school likes high stat students of any race/ethnicity with good research experience lol

Status
Not open for further replies.