WAMC - 4.0 sGPA, 511 MCAT, not amazing EC's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vxv179

Reaction score
1. cGPA: 3.95 and sGPA: 4.00
2. MCAT = 511, C/P = 128, CARS = 125, B/BC = 131, P/S = 127

What are my chances of getting in to one? Plan on applying to 30 or 40 medical schools. All schools in the US, mostly schools in my GPA and MCAT range and then few reaches in California.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Without any clinical experience, it's going to be a challenge. For many schools, this is effectively a requirement given how most applicants who are interviewed will have at least 50 hours of shadowing upon applying. The lack of clinical volunteering... not worried if you have been a rad tech, but you could consider doing more outside your current environments (peds, ER).

What does your prehealth advisor say? I'm guessing you've done more than what you describe on campus with clubs.

There are ample opportunities in Cleveland to volunteer with disadvantaged communities. Given that you have time, if you think you can improve your MCAT score by 4-5 points, it might be worthwhile to retake.

Reactions: 1 user
You should accumulate 50 hours of in person physician shadowing before you apply (including primary care) . You also need 200+ hours of non clinical volunteering (homeless shelter, food bank, etc.) I suggest these schools with your stats:
The UCs
Kaiser
California University
Rosalind Franklin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Hackensack
Drexel