WAMC: cGPA 3.48 sGPA 3.36 MCAT 505 (Next cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shinkle

Reaction score
1. cGPA: 3.48 sGPA: 3.36 with the last 40 hours of science credits being 3.80+
2. MCAT: 505
3. Residency: Kansas
4. Ethnicity: Caucasian
5. Shadowing: 200+ hours from 4 separate specialties, most hours coming from primary care
6. Employment: 2000+ paid clinical hours as a phlebotomist at local hospital and 650 hours as a covid screener (just took temperatures at front desk and asked screening questions, not sure if this is important)
7. Volunteering: 50 hours for filling dry food care packages to be sent to Haiti. 50 hours as a front desk assistance at hospital.
8. Research: Will soon be a primary author of a paleontological based research paper regarding pterodactyl fossils found in the region. Also have 200+ hours of microbial research with a local institution award and presentation at a major conference.
9. Dean's list (2 years)

Looking to apply to DO school but unsure if I am even competitive enough to apply. Any suggestions for school list?

Members don't see this ad.

You are competitive for DO and can apply to your state MD school too. Get 150+ hours helping the underserved before applying (think food bank, soup kitchen, homeless shelter etc).

I suggest:

KU
KCU
KCOM (Kirksville)
PCOM
DMU
Marian
Campbell
VCOM
Touro NV
WVSOM
ACOM