DO WAMC!! Help me lol

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hellob

Reaction score
I totally bombed my MCAT and I am wondering if I should retake it this late in the cycle? anticipated a higher MCAT and already sent applications in for DO schools/ a few MDs just because. Should I retake, or give up hope for this cycle?

GPA: undergrad: sGPA 2.85/ overall gpa 2.96, graduate: sGPA: 3.96, overall gpa 3.51
MCAT: 501 (CP: 123/CARS: 124/BB: 126 /PS: 128)
State of Residence: Nebraska
Ethnicity: 23 Female
Undergraduate: The University of Kansas- BS in Biology 2019, Minor in Leadership
Graduate: University of Nebraska MS- 2021
Clinical experience: (500)
CNA/CMA (500 hours)
Clinical Volunteering: (135)
Pediatric Unit Volunteer (100)
Hospice Volunteer (35)
Research: (1600)
Master Thesis Project (1500+)
Undergraduate Research Project (100+)
Shadowing experience: (85)
Physician Shadowing (60)
ER Volunteering/ Shadowing (25)
Non-clinical volunteering: (100)
After School Counselor (30)
Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper (20)
Homeless Shelter (25)
Health Navigator at a Clinic (30)
Leadership: (120)
Site leader for a service trip (100)
Volunteer Event Coordinator for a Club (20)
Non-clinical Employment: (5750)
Graduate Teaching Assistant (2 Years)
Front Desk Agent a Hotel (5 Years)
LORs:
I have LOR from a supervisor, a science teacher, a nonscience teacher, an MD, and an advisor/ science teacher.

Where should I apply? Do I have a chance anywhere? Should I retake the MCAT this September if I already submitted my applications/ completed my secondaries? Do I need more ECs?

Please help me! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Which schools did you apply to ? Your MCAT score is fine for the majority of schools. Your weakness in you application is your sub 3.0 GPAs. You should take enough additional undergraduate level science courses at a local college this coming year to increase you sGPA to 3.0 . Otherwise you will be screened out at many schools with your sGPA of 2.85 and your cGPA of 2.96 .

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the reply!

I know my GPA is really bad. I am trying to perform well in Graduate school to make up for it.

I applied to:
DO:
AT Still University Kirksville and Arizona
ACOM
ACOM- Midwestern University
Burrell
Des Moines
KCU
LMU-DeBusk
Ohio University Heritage College
OSU
Rocky Vista
Univeristy of Pikeville-KY
WVSOM
William Carey University

MD:
Creighton
University of Arkansas
University of Illinois
University of Iowa
University of Kansas
The University of Missouri- Columbia
UMKC
UNMC
University of Oklahoma
University of Virginia

You are not competitive for any MD schools. You may receive interviews at some DO schools with WCU-COM, UP-KYCOM, BCOM, LMU-DCOM, WVSOM and ACOM the more likely ones. You could add these DO schools:
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
Noorda (new school)
ICOM
UIWSOM
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LECOM (Erie, Seton Hill, Elmira)
LUCOM
Your good graduate school grades may help you at some DO schools. Many of the schools I mentioned have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you could receive interviews.

Reactions: 1 user