WAMC : I’m a nervous wreck!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samwylie

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I applied this cycle to vet school and I’m just overwhelmed with anxiety about getting in.

About:
-Female, 21
-IS: Florida
-I got to the University of Kentucky

Applied to:
Auburn, Mississippi State, Florida, Louisiana State, Purdue, Ohio, North Carolina, Cornell, Kansas State, Illinois, Virginia-Maryland (Waitlisted), And Colorado

Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.73
Science: 3.66
Last 45: 3.66

Veterinary Hours:
~1400
I mostly worked at a mixed animal clinic for about 3 summers/breaks. We saw livestock, dogs, cats, rodents, horses, and some exotics

Animal Hours:
~5000
This is mostly working with service dogs in training (I raised 4 and had them full time with me while being in school) but some is volunteering at a equine therapeutic riding center

Clubs/Leadership Positions:
-Pre-veterinary club
-4 Paws for Ability (service dog in training organization): I held a leadership position for a year and currently hold a chair position
-American Sign Language Club
-CHAARG (fitness group)

Research:
~100 hours of chemistry research

LORs:
-Veterinarian I worked with for 3 years
-Research Professor (PhD)
-Poultry Teacher/Academic Advisor (PhD)

GRE:
I only applied to schools who didn’t require it because I did so horribly lol

I’m just trying to be realistic with myself on what schools might actually accept me. I felt I was overall well rounded but I’m second guessing myself now.
Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Your application seems strong from what you've listed here. I imagine you have a few schools still to hear from so don't stress yet! You never know which school will see something great in you :) It's not over til it's over!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user