MD WAMC International student/ORM 3.89cGPA 515 MCAT Research heavy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liuwode

Reaction score
Thank you all for the suggestion!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't see much in community service to help your MD apps (your list is leadership). You look to be fairly strong in the MSTP side. Have you talked with many MSTP students and program staff while you are at Pittsburgh?

I don't see much in community service to help your MD apps (your list is leadership). You look to be fairly strong in the MSTP side. Have you talked with many MSTP students and program staff while you are at Pittsburgh?
Hi. Thank you for your comments. The EMS station I am working at covers 2 fairly large townships. We do all kinds of community service there, including CPR/AED training, fire awareness, tourniquet/basic trauma packing, etc. But I am open to doing more with the year in between now and applying. Yes, I talked to the director and some students here; however, Pitt MSTP doesn't accept international students, so school-wise, I have to look at somewhere else.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
... Yes, I talked to the director and some students here; however, Pitt MSTP doesn't accept international students, so school-wise, I have to look at somewhere else.
Does the director know of MSTP's that do accept international students? Would you consider going straight Ph.D. until you have a more favorable citizenship status? We also have our Physician Scientists forum so feel free to ask there if MSTP is what you are interested in. They also field WAMC requests there for MSTP's.

Does the director know of MSTP's that do accept international students? Would you consider going straight Ph.D. until you have a more favorable citizenship status? We also have our Physician Scientists forum so feel free to ask there if MSTP is what you are interested in. They also field WAMC requests there for MSTP's.
Yes. There are a couple of programs like Penn/Wustl. Probably not. As much as I enjoy research, being a physician is what truly drives me.
I will definitely look at the other forum as well. Thank you!

Last edited: