WAMC NONTRAD with 520/3.5sGPA in CA Need help with school list!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Basalganglia4life

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm a non trad hoping to apply this next cycle. I have been combing msars trying to build a school list but it has been difficult with my lopsided stats.

Stats
Undergrad cGPA 3.0 (in Environmental Studies). CC Post Bac GPA 4.0.Overall cGPA: 3.48. Overall AMCAS sGPA 3.504. Overall AACOMAS sGPA 3.612

MCAT:
520 -131/128/130/131 (9/8/23)

State
CA.

Ethnicity/Race
White Male 30 y/o

Category
Nontrad with environmental studies degree from San Francisco State University . Work now as EMT.

Clinical
2500 hrs (ongoing) paid clinical as CCT emt.
500 hrs volunteer clinical as covid shot/test volunteer
100hrs (ongoing)volunteer with organization that gives medical care to people experiencing homelessness

Research
600 hrs (ongoing) orgo wet lab research (no pubs),

Shadowing
10 hrs shadowing pediatrician, Family med (working on more--but it has been really hard to find doctors willing.

Nonclinical
1000 hrs Tutor/TA (ongoing)
500 hours volunteering with local council member (ongoing)
500 hrs Teaching STEM to refugees in Ghana (study abroad in college),
4500 hrs paid managing a foodbank

other stuff about me
I'm a nontrad who initially wanted to be a park ranger. Worked full time during through college to afford school and grades suffered. After college I was on track to get hired to be a park ranger but 2016 happened, a certain person got elected, federal hiring freeze, position was dissolved etc. Managed a food bank in WA for a couple of years. I discovered a passion for medicine and moved back to CA and did 87 units at a community college and redid every prereq and got a 4.0

Preferences
I dont really care for research, but will do it. I feel like I am much more service oreinted and and deeply considering primary care.

MD School List

ucla, cincinnati, U vermont, Wisconsin U, colorado, dartmouth, u Illinois, wake, u arizona phoenix , uc davis (i live in Sacramento), uc Riverside (from LA), ucsf (lol),ucsd, usc, kaiser, uci, medical college of Wisconsin, toledo, western Michigan, eastern virginia, Quinnipiac, Geisinger, Northeast Ohio Medical University, tulane, tufts, georgetown, loyola, chicago, Rosalind franklin, rush, drexel, temple, California University of Science and Medicine, emory

I'd really love some guidance on my school list. Honestly just trying to get in somewhere. Can you tell me if I shouldnt bother applying to any of these places or if I am missing any potential schools? Also i'm open to criticism/feedback on any aspect of my app.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Please follow the template. The details matter.

Please follow the template. The details matter.
it's updated now. Hopefully it's easier to look over

Some of the schools on your list admit few non residents with no connection to the state. I suggest these schools with your stats:
Dartmouth
Brown
Tufts
Boston University
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Rochester
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Drexel