MD & DO WAMC/School List . 3.4cGPA, 3.2sGPA, 503 MCAT, URM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sal10293life

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these schools with your stats:
All 4 SUNYs
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Charles Drew
New York Medial College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Hackensack
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
Pittsburgh
George Washington
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Miami
Tulane
TCU
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
For DO schools I suggest these:
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
MU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
ACOM
UIWSOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
CUSOM
WVSOM
TUNCOM

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
All 4 SUNYs
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Charles Drew
New York Medial College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Hackensac
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
Pittsburgh
George Washington
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Miami
Tulane
TCU
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
MU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
ACOM
UIWSOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
CUSOM
WVSOM
TUNCOM

Last edited:
All 4 SUNYs
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Charles Drew
New York Medial College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Hackensack
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
Pittsburgh
George Washington
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Miami
Tulane
TCU
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
MU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
ACOM
UIWSOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
CUSOM
WVSOM
TUNCOM

Thank you so much, due to my stats being on the lower end and primaries not being in, would you recommend continuing to apply this cycle or wait till next?

Thank you so much, due to my stats being on the lower end and primaries not being in, would you recommend continuing to apply this cycle or wait till next?
If you plan to apply this year you need to apply in the next week and submit all your secondaries by the end of August.

If you plan to apply this year you need to apply in the next week and submit all your secondaries by the end of August.
Okay thanks for this, it is greatly appreciated. Do you think I have a good shot at the MD schools listed? Or are they mostly reaches.

Okay thanks for this, it is greatly appreciated. Do you think I have a good shot at the MD schools listed? Or are they mostly reaches.
If you are applying "now," your best shots are the HBCU's and in the NYC tri-state area (Boston, Philly, DC too).

@LizzyM, @Goro, @Mr.Smile12 , @Faha
So update, idk how screwed I am but I have completed a few of my secondaries now but while competing my primaries I asked my assistant Dean if conduct regarding housing would constitute as an IA. She said medical schools typically only consider academic probation or cheating and asked me to verify with my school conduct office. I did this, they said it would take a while to get the conduct report back and hastily I checked off no for IA on primaries. Really bad move on my part, but I was trying to get everything in ASAP. I received the conduct report back a couple of days ago and it turns out I have conduct violations: one as a sophomore and another a senior, birth involving weed. I’m in my first gap year, so not a lot of time between the last action and can’t current self. I have been submitting individual emails and update letters to the schools regarding this and I was wondering if I took the appropriate steps. I also called AMCAS and they told me that it is up to me to disclose the information because “my application made it through verification”. Not very helpful, but I did bring this upon myself so I can’t be too upset. Any advice would be appreciated, regarding school list or even withdrawing completely.

So update, idk how screwed I am but I have completed a few of my secondaries now but while competing my primaries I asked my assistant Dean if conduct regarding housing would constitute as an IA. She said medical schools typically only consider academic probation or cheating and asked me to verify with my school conduct office. I did this, they said it would take a while to get the conduct report back and hastily I checked off no for IA on primaries. Really bad move on my part, but I was trying to get everything in ASAP. I received the conduct report back a couple of days ago and it turns out I have conduct violations: one as a sophomore and another a senior, birth involving weed. I’m in my first gap year, so not a lot of time between the last action and can’t current self. I have been submitting individual emails and update letters to the schools regarding this and I was wondering if I took the appropriate steps. I also called AMCAS and they told me that it is up to me to disclose the information because “my application made it through verification”. Not very helpful, but I did bring this upon myself so I can’t be too upset. Any advice would be appreciated, regarding school list or even withdrawing completely.
If asked in any secondaries you have yet to fill, disclose and be honest about the discovery. You haven't given us the details of what the citations were... just possession on campus?

If asked in any secondaries you have yet to fill, disclose and be honest about the discovery. You haven't given us the details of what the citations were... just possession on campus?

Yeah no problem, I have been filling it out on secondary prompts. Basically the first time my suitemates had friends over, they smoked weed. The next morning there was a room inspection and the RA found drug peraphanalia. Everyone in the room received a write up and was required to watch a module on drug safety. The second one. I went to my friends dorm, smoked weed in the bathroom, a fire occurred in the trash can of the bathroom and property was destroyed. We paid the school back and were required to watch a fire safety video.

Yeah no problem, I have been filling it out on secondary prompts. Basically the first time my suitemates had friends over, they smoked weed. The next morning there was a room inspection and the RA found drug peraphanalia. Everyone in the room received a write up and was required to watch a module on drug safety. The second one. I went to my friends dorm, smoked weed in the bathroom, a fire occurred in the trash can of the bathroom and property was destroyed. We paid the school back and were required to watch a fire safety video.
I'd say you didn't learn your lesson.

Take a few years off, and engage in exemplary behavior.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd say you didn't learn your lesson.

Take a few years off, and engage in exemplary behavior.
Okay. So should I withdraw from all the schools or just those whose secondaries are not in. I’ve already paid the fee and idk, seems like a waste.

And can I pm anybody my statement to the schools regarding the matter?

Hey, I was in a similar situation as you in regards to accidentally not disclosing my IA in my Primary.

To rectify it, I disclosed it to AAMC directly, and then sent out an e-mail to every school I applied to with my AAMC number and a detailed description of the situation, and also addressed it in secondaries wherever prompted about IAs. All the schools I did thanked me and said they would add it to my file, and given I have an II from one of them and (so far) no Rs, I don't think it made too big of a difference

Good luck! I know it's an extremely stressful mistake to make.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, I was in a similar situation as you in regards to accidentally not disclosing my IA in my Primary.

To rectify it, I disclosed it to AAMC directly, and then sent out an e-mail to every school I applied to with my AAMC number and a detailed description of the situation, and also addressed it in secondaries wherever prompted about IAs. All the schools I did thanked me and said they would add it to my file, and given I have an II from one of them and (so far) no Rs, I don't think it made too big of a difference

Good luck! I know it's an extremely stressful mistake to make.
Okay, thank you for the reassurance. Good luck on your interview and the rest of your cycle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.