WAMC/School List: 4.0/520, trad applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cpillow0

Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Add another 30 hours at the food pantry (some schools screen at 150 hours for non clinical volunteering). I suggest these schools with your stats:
UPenn
Pittsburgh
Jefferson
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
Rochester
Harvard
Tufts
Boston University
Brown
Yale
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Columbia
Cornell
U Virginia
Cincinnati
Ohio State
Case Western
U Michigan
Northwestern
Washington University (in St. Louis-almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
Vanderbilt
St. Louis
Mayo
USF Morsani
Miami
Duke

I had originally tried for my narrative in writing my PS to be towards working w/ diverse, especially immigrant/urban underserved populations, but besides the Spanish minor and a couple ECs I'm not sure if the rest of my application really conveys that.
I don't see the hours where you are working with immigrant urban underserved populations. Could you highlight how many non-clinical hours were with this group?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't see the hours where you are working with immigrant urban underserved populations. Could you highlight how many non-clinical hours were with this group?
I guess that's the problem here, it had felt a lot more cohesive while I'm actually doing those activities. It would be the 120 food pantry hours I've amassed so far + 150 free clinic hours + probably ~100 of the other non-clinical volunteering hours working with middle/high school students in science.
Add another 30 hours at the food pantry (some schools screen at 150 hours for non clinical volunteering). I suggest these schools with your stats:
UPenn
Pittsburgh
Jefferson
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
Rochester
Harvard
Tufts
Boston University
Brown
Yale
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Columbia
Cornell
U Virginia
Cincinnati
Ohio State
Case Western
U Michigan
Northwestern
Washington University (in St. Louis-almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
Vanderbilt
St. Louis
Mayo
USF Morsani
Miami
Duke
I forgot to mention in my original post that I'd like to stay in the Mid-atlantic if possible and am totally OK going DO if it meant that I could stay closer to my support system. There seems to be a lot of big name schools on there and I don't feel great sending in a donation to that many schools lol. If there are maybe 3-5 big name schools you'd recommend on the list to apply to on a whim, what would you recommend?

I guess that's the problem here, it had felt a lot more cohesive while I'm actually doing those activities. It would be the 120 food pantry hours I've amassed so far + 150 free clinic hours + probably ~100 of the other non-clinical volunteering hours working with middle/high school students in science.

I forgot to mention in my original post that I'd like to stay in the Mid-atlantic if possible and am totally OK going DO if it meant that I could stay closer to my support system. There seems to be a lot of big name schools on there and I don't feel great sending in a donation to that many schools lol. If there are maybe 3-5 big name schools you'd recommend on the list to apply to on a whim, what would you recommend?
Washington University, UPenn, Pittsburgh, NYU, Mount Sinai