WAMC + SCHOOL LIST HELP! 518 MCAT, 3.95 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sparky21

Reaction score
Hi! Just wanted to see what my chances are and what people suggested in terms of school list.

cGPA: 3.95
(note- I have about 16 credits worth of dual enrollment that are a 3.6 cumulative GPA- not sure how much this will lower my GPA but wondering if this is something to be worried about?)
MCAT Score and Breakdown: 518 (130/128/131/129)
State of residence: NJ
Ethnicity/race: W
Undergraduate category: Large urban public school with good med school affiliated
Clinical Experience:
~500 hours working as an EMT (private transport, not 911) (PAID)
~200 hours working as a PCT
~Will spend gap year working as MA, anticipating over 2000 hours
Research Experience:
~400 hours pediatrics clinical research (paper in progress but doubt itll be ready for submission before I submit primary)
~350 hours working at the Children's Hospital ED to enroll patients, collect samples, etc. in several clinical studies
Volunteering (CLINICAL):
~About 75 hours volunteering as a COVID Screener at the local hospital
~200 hours volunteering for Crisis Text Line (not sure if this qualifies as clinical ?)
Volunteering (NONCLINICAL):
~300 hours volunteering at an elderly day care center where I help plan and execute activities, spend time with them, assist with administrative tasks, etc.
~60 hours volunteering as a conversational partner for Ukrainian refugees
Shadowing: 40 hours primary care, 20 hours pediatrics, 20 hours cardiology
Other:
~Worked as a UTA for 5 semesters for 2 different classes (about 300 hours)
~Had a clinical internship with a small pharmaceutical company this past summer where I learned all about clinical trials and helped facilitate the CRAs with data entry, accuracy, protocols, IRB submission, etc. (~400 hours)
~Leadership position for my sorority (academic chair)
~Included my involvement with tennis

Anything else not listed you think might be important:
-My parents immigrated from Ukraine and I used to visit there every year so it is very close to our hearts so when the war started my mom and I helped organize a donation drive and donated almost $4000 worth of goods to Ukraine using donations from the community
-Also, I have done a lot of back and forth between my home town and my college town so it has made for more short term experiences rather than fewer longitudinal experiences. This is something I am worried will be an issue because I have had different clinical positions in each location

School List as of now:
1. Robert Wood Johnson
2. NJMS
3. Hackensack
4. Cooper @ Rowan
5. Mt. Sinai
6. SUNY Downstate
7. Drexel
8. Temple
9. Sidney Kimmel
10. Cornell
11. Keck
12. Emory
13. Stony Brook
14. Boston
15. Tufts
16. Miami
17. USF
18. Tulane
19. UVA
20. Wake Forest
21. Pitt
22. Einstein
23. Georgetown
24. GWU
25. Penn
26. Duke
27. UCSF
28. Vanderbilt
29. WashU
30. Hofstra

Let me know how many T20 I should apply to or if some T20 would be a better fit than others!

Members don't see this ad.

You GPA will still be strong even with the dual enrollment factored in. From what you shared hours wise, I would not have known that you had to do a lot of back and forth. They come across as experiences that you had for a long time.

You can move Crisis text line to non-clinical since you already have enough clinical experience and readers will likely see that as a better category for it.

I suggest:

1. Robert Wood Johnson
2. NJMS
3. Hackensack
4. Cooper @ Rowan
5. Mt. Sinai
6. Vermont
7. Rochester
8. Temple
9. Sidney Kimmel
10. Cornell
11. Keck
12. Emory
13. Stony Brook
14. Boston
15. Tufts
16. Miami
17. USF
18. Iowa
19. UVA
20. Wake Forest
21. Pitt
22. Einstein
23. Saint Louis
24. Dartmouth
25. Penn
26. Duke
27. Mayo
28. Vanderbilt
29. WashU
30. Hofstra

You GPA will still be strong even with the dual enrollment factored in. From what you shared hours wise, I would not have known that you had to do a lot of back and forth. They come across as experiences that you had for a long time.

You can move Crisis text line to non-clinical since you already have enough clinical experience and readers will likely see that as a better category for it.

I suggest:

1. Robert Wood Johnson
2. NJMS
3. Hackensack
4. Cooper @ Rowan
5. Mt. Sinai
6. Vermont
7. Rochester
8. Temple
9. Sidney Kimmel
10. Cornell
11. Keck
12. Emory
13. Stony Brook
14. Boston
15. Tufts
16. Miami
17. USF
18. Iowa
19. UVA
20. Wake Forest
21. Pitt
22. Einstein
23. Saint Louis
24. Dartmouth
25. Penn
26. Duke
27. Mayo
28. Vanderbilt
29. WashU
30. Hofstra
Thank you!! Is there a reason you wouldn’t recommend GW or Georgetown?

Thank you!! Is there a reason you wouldn’t recommend GW or Georgetown?
They get a lot of apps. GW attracts people interested in public health. I think the substitutions I made for them would be a better use of your money and would be more interested in your high stats.