WAMC/School list help, PA resident sGPA 3.89/502 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Itriedmybest

Reaction score
I am a Chemistry major looking to gain some insight into what schools I should apply to and get an idea. Also, let me know if there is anything to improve upon. Open to applying anywhere and everywhere.

cGPA: 3.857 and sGPA: 3.89
MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 502 (130,122,127,123)
State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): Pennsylvania
Ethnicity and/or race: White/Middle Eastern
Undergraduate institution or category: University of Pittsburgh
Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer)
Hospital Volunteer: 150 hours at the moment, looking to reach 200 hours by this application cycle
Research experience and productivity
Computational Physical Chemistry Lab (Chem Department): 60 hours at the moment, projected about 150 hours by application cycle
Just started in a General Surgery Lab: 20 hours at the moment, projected 100 hours by application cycle
Shadowing experience and specialties represented
Shadowing: 65 hours at the moment divided between Interventional Radiology and Pathology, projected to have 100 hours by cycle
Non-clinical volunteering
Volunteered as an Instrumentalist for a Local Theater: 100 hours
CrisisTextVolunteer: Starting now, hoping to get 200 hours by application cycle
Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
Orchestra: 225 hours so far
Soccer Playing/Clubs: 300 hours
Teaching Assistant: 60 hours so far, will be 100 by cycle (not paid)
Bodybuilding/Exercise: lots of hours
Math Tutor: 50 hours (paid)
American Chemical Society and American Medical Student Association Member
Relevant honors or awards
Nothing else, just Dean’s List Every Semester
Anything else not listed you think might be important
Every Summer, I travel to my family's country of origin and bring supplies and items that are not easily accessible to my relatives’ neighbors, community members, etc. It might not be important for the application, but it is just my way of giving back.
5 Strong Letters of Rec: PI/Past Chem Professor, Professor TA for, Non-science professor, hospital volunteer director, and main shadowing physician (Interventional Radiology)

Members don't see this ad.

At least...

You need service orientation activities. Volunteering in the theater looks like it extends from your own interests and does not alleviate other's distress. You need 150 hours of such activities before applying. In person, not text services.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to Commonwealth Geisinger for MD. I suggest these DO schools with your stats:
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
DUQCOM
MU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
ACOM
WCU-COM
NYIT-AR
UIWSOM
TUNCOM