Washington State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I doubt it's anything you guys did. I was accepted in February and paid the acceptance deposit within days, but the check wasn't processed until a couple days ago. That's when I received the email to set up my WSU network ID and WSU email, which coincidentally came hours before the "Information" email we all received. Of course then I ran into the whole "completed/accepted" thing which is still being resolved. But I venture to guess that they are just in the middle of processing everyone's money and getting everything straightened out in the administrative areas.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry too much about it :)
Last year I sent my deposit around mid-December but it wasn't processed until I would say around Feb or March. I emailed to ask of course, and they said they don't typically process everything until majority of people are accepted which is around March - my guess it that processing in bulk is more efficient or easier to organize than doing few people's at a time in scatter.
As far as your email access goes, I don't think I really needed WSU email until May or June, so again, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I know I was super impatient around this time of the year last year too, but you guys are almost there so relax and wait a little more. And for everyone still finishing school/pre-reqs, keep working hard and finish strong :)

Reactions: 1 user
Let's be real, I think we all just want to get our emails so we can apply for those scholarships, haha!

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's be real, I think we all just want to get our emails so we can apply for those scholarships, haha!

Starting to lose track of what happened when and things may have changed since last year, but I don't think we (first years) were able to apply for Pharmacy scholarships until school started, so there's still time :) But regardless, I would guess everyone who are admitted should get their zzusis and/or email access sometime soon!

Yeah, the email we received says that there are scholarships and we'll have until May 12 to apply for them. That may be why we're a little on edge :) But it's probably better that way for us to be so excited about joining the WSU Pharmacy community!

hey guys, seems like I am a little behind you all, you all are worried about setting your emails up and all that kind of stuff and I am still swamped with all these prerequisites I have to finish up over spring and summer. So, I need an opinion on something; I was accepted in January and it said in the admissions confirmation email they sent me that if my overall or science GPA decreases during spring or summer, they reserve the right to withdraw the offer of admission, and I am not doing very well this semester , most likely I'll get a C in one class and my Spring GPA would be around 2.9 which will decrease my overall science GPA a bit, so I am getting worried, and I just received another offer of admission from another school, I definitely would choose WSU over it, but do you think that I should accept it just in case WSU withdraw their offer? or am I worrying too much and it's not that big of a deal if my GPA decreases? I know it's an awful thing to do, to accept two offers but I am just getting worried....i'll be waiting on your opinions!

hey guys, seems like I am a little behind you all, you all are worried about setting your emails up and all that kind of stuff and I am still swamped with all these prerequisites I have to finish up over spring and summer. So, I need an opinion on something; I was accepted in January and it said in the admissions confirmation email they sent me that if my overall or science GPA decreases during spring or summer, they reserve the right to withdraw the offer of admission, and I am not doing very well this semester , most likely I'll get a C in one class and my Spring GPA would be around 2.9 which will decrease my overall science GPA a bit, so I am getting worried, and I just received another offer of admission from another school, I definitely would choose WSU over it, but do you think that I should accept it just in case WSU withdraw their offer? or am I worrying too much and it's not that big of a deal if my GPA decreases? I know it's an awful thing to do, to accept two offers but I am just getting worried....i'll be waiting on your opinions!

I think if you're really worried, the best thing to do would be to contact WSU about it. However, I don't think they would rescind their admission offer just because you get a C in one class. From what I've heard, they throw that stipulation in there as a warning so people don't just slack off once they are accepted and get C's in all of their classes.
I personally don't think accepting the offer from another school would be wise -- mainly because that's more cash out of your pocket to pay the deposit!

Reactions: 1 users
When exactly are we suppose to sign up for classes for the fall 2014 semester? I received a notification on my zzusis account that class schedules are available for the fall semester, but that doesn't really seem right since it's still too early and I hadn't received a notification specifically from the college of pharmacy to do so. Also when should we look into applying for loans to pay for the tuition? Is there a specific deadline we need to apply for loans and pay for the tuition for the upcoming fall semester?

When exactly are we suppose to sign up for classes for the fall 2014 semester? I received a notification on my zzusis account that class schedules are available for the fall semester, but that doesn't really seem right since it's still too early and I hadn't received a notification specifically from the college of pharmacy to do so. Also when should we look into applying for loans to pay for the tuition? Is there a specific deadline we need to apply for loans and pay for the tuition for the upcoming fall semester?
I am pretty sure we arent registering until orientation week just before classes start. You can look at the classes and see the times now. My zzusis shows a pharmacy hold. We will all be in the same classes except for one lab time ( there are 4 options on tuesday)

oh ok, I was worried I had missed the deadline or something. lol

When you ask about "applying for loans" .... are you referring to submitting FAFSA? Because the deadline to submit FAFSA was in Feb I think

When you ask about "applying for loans" .... are you referring to submitting FAFSA? Because the deadline to submit FAFSA was in Feb I think
I think Feb 1st was just priority deadline. We don't want to scare people by saying that was a deadline in case they missed it.

I always submit FAFSA in Jan in case I forget haha Didn't mean to scare anyone.
If that's the case, @tiger13 work on your FAFSA now! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I always submit FAFSA in Jan in case I forget haha Didn't mean to scare anyone.
If that's the case, @tiger13 work on your FAFSA now! :)
lol, ya I already submitted my FAFSA before the deadline. It still doesn't show anything though on my zzusis account under the financial aid section, when will this show up typically?

lol, ya I already submitted my FAFSA before the deadline. It still doesn't show anything though on my zzusis account under the financial aid section, when will this show up typically?

Ours took a long time to process I'd say probably around July for most people. But again, the school had to wait for the governor to sign the budget for the new fiscal year or something at the end of June.
Since everyone will be getting loans (plus some scholarships) you'll get enough loans to cover all our tuition, rent, living expenses, etc so don't worry about that too much for now.

Ours took a long time to process I'd say probably around July for most people. But again, the school had to wait for the governor to sign the budget for the new fiscal year or something at the end of June.
Since everyone will be getting loans (plus some scholarships) you'll get enough loans to cover all our tuition, rent, living expenses, etc so don't worry about that too much for now.
I noticed under the financial aid summary in my zzusis account that it lists the individual costs for the tuition, board, transportation, etc. Can we selectively take out loans that only cover the tuition portion of the costs since I will be paying for all of my living expenses, books, transportation out of pocket?

Anyone else attending the reception on May 2nd? I'm also looking for potential roommates and exploring housing options. Are there any resources besides craigslist or if anyone is already attending WSU can lend insight into anyone looking for a roommate?

Have anyone got pulled off from the wait list yet? For those who have experiences about wait listed, is there anything I could possible do? Please give me some advices. Thanks.

Hi, guys! I'm so happy to join you all this fall as part of the class of 2018!

I'm hoping one of the current students would be willing to weigh in any further on housing. One of my biggest concerns is safety as I'll be coming to Spokane with my baby. Are any of the apartment complexes or housing communities more family friendly than others? And what about proximity to campus, etc.? Have students had issues with mugging or break-ins?

I would love to hear from any students with children who attend WSU if you're out there :)

Thanks in advance!

Your Orientation Group Leaders were just assigned to make calls and communicate with the incoming class of 2018. We will call you and answer any questions you have. We will also give you suggestions and tips about living arrangements and school. We have you covered. If they don't contact you, please contact me on here and I'll look into it.

Your Orientation Group Leaders were just assigned to make calls and communicate with the incoming class of 2018. We will call you and answer any questions you have. We will also give you suggestions and tips about living arrangements and school. We have you covered. If they don't contact you, please contact me on here and I'll look into it.
Awesome! I would love to ask them some questions preferring to the dual degree programs

i cant seem to find a thread for this cycle...

I am interviewing next month 12/4! does anyone have any advice for me? is it a group interview or one-on-one? hows the essay portion? im flying from CA... is spokane airport far away from the school? i looked it up and by bus it takes 30 min. for those of you who are from out of state do you usually get a cab or catch the bus?

Any info/tips will be appreciated :)

Is yours Dec 5th or 4th? Mine is Dec 5th! If it is, see you there! Good luck!

Hey guys! I applied last year but did not get in. But I got in this year! Finally! I am currently looking for apartments, do you guys have any recommendations? :D

hey everyone and probably current P3/P4 students,
I recently finished my interview last Friday. Unfortunately I did not receive an acceptance right after the interview. For those of you who did not get an acceptance after the interview day of, how long did it take for you guys to get a decision from admissions? This waiting game is taking forever :( (even though it has been only a week hah)

Thanks!

For those of you who didn’t receive an acceptance on the day of your interview, did you receive a thank you postcard from them?