Waterloo status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rozats86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone!

Just wondering if anyone knows how to check your status from Waterloo? I know there was a certain site.. but can't remember what it was!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, this is the first time I'm hearing about this website! Is it only for applicants from Waterloo?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks!

And yea its only for waterloo students!

Thanks!

And yea its only for waterloo students!

Not true. When you applied you were given a UW #. You use this in quest to register. You can then check your application status.:D

:eek: ADMISSION RESULTS ARE UP ON QUEST!!! GO CHECK!!! :eek:

(and yes, everyone can check Quest, it doesn't matter what uni you go to)

To everyone going to Waterloo next year, I'll see you there!WAHOO!!! :hardy:

:confused: I got a "conditional admit" does that mean I'm in or on the waitlist... I don't want to get overly excited if I shouldn't be...

According to QUEST:
Conditional Admit = You have been issued an Offer of Admission with specific conditions.

I thought that this means that you’ve been offered a spot in the program so long as you keep certain conditions. i.e. maintain 75% average ß this is an example only…

Back in the day, that’s how university undergrad programs gave out offers to high school students…

Maybe I’m being optimistic…

I sure hope you're right... I've been offered a conditional admittance too!

Do you think they handed out all acceptances already? I just checked mine and it still shows "application" status.

For the ppl that got in, do you mind posting your stats, gpa and OAT scores. Just curious what waterloo is looking for this year.

yessssssss...i got in(i think)..it says conditional admit..yoo hoo!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I am having trouble logging on to the Quest site... Is my user UWdir just my last name?

Not true. When you applied you were given a UW #. You use this in quest to register. You can then check your application status.:D

When I got my invite for an Interview, only my OUAC number was given... so I don't think non-UW students can access it unless they call and ask for their UW number or something...

Does anyone know what the "conditions" are?

I got a conditional admit too!!

I'm guessing since all the people admitted so far got a conditional admit...I assumed we are accepted..with specific conditions (probably stating what average we have to maintain). This is what my interviewer said during the interview too...I already know i'm going to have a much more "relaxed" exam studying experience :D

Congrats to everyone that in!

:confused: I got a "conditional admit" does that mean I'm in or on the waitlist... I don't want to get overly excited if I shouldn't be...

i think you can get excited...there already more people here with conditional admit than they would put on a waitlist (5) anyways!!

NOTE:
Application information for Ontario high school students is received on Tuesday and Thursday. Application information for other applicants is received on Monday and Wednesday.

Does this mean everyone else can find out on Monday!??!?!?!?!
PS - haha I did get on quest :p So even if you're halfway across the country you can still access it... I think you just won't know until monday!!! ahhhhhhh!!!

NOTE:
Application information for Ontario high school students is received on Tuesday and Thursday. Application information for other applicants is received on Monday and Wednesday.

Does this mean everyone else can find out on Monday!??!?!?!?!
PS - haha I did get on quest :p So even if you're halfway across the country you can still access it... I think you just won't know until monday!!! ahhhhhhh!!!

hmm...
But todays Thursday...Shouldn't UW students have found out that they got in on wednesday then???

Maybe you will find out by tomorrow. They didn't put up the info for UW students until pretty late today anyways (trust me...I checked quest more than a once a day:oops:). Maybe UW gonna finish putting up the rest of the info tomorrow..

Keep your fingers crossed and good luck!!

add one more conditional admit !

:)

Hey, everyone so far that has been admitted should put their name on the class of 2012 forum (top of the optometry forum) under UW. Then we can see how many people are being admitted!

Sorry yea I just meant that quest is only to check application status for Waterloo.. (as in NOT for states schools). But anyone who applied can access it using the UW # given!

Mine still says 'Application status' .. boo!
But congrats to everyone who got accepted so far :)
Atleast its sooner than we thought!!

has anyone tried phoning UW to make sure a 'conditional admit' is equivalent to a real admit ?

If so, let us in on the details...

At the end of my interview process, we were told that everyone would get conditional admittances. This could be because of finishing up a pre-req currently, or maybe finishing your 3rd year of undergrad (since it's now a requirement). Once they get your winter semester transcripts in May, that's why people will receive their final acceptances.

does anyone know the chances of getting in on the waitlist? i don't see many ppl turning down waterloo. Are my stats not up to par with waterloo standards? 3.5 GPA and 360 OAT

does anyone know the chances of getting in on the waitlist? i don't see many ppl turning down waterloo. Are my stats not up to par with waterloo standards? 3.5 GPA and 360 OAT

well last year the average OAT was 370 and people from around 84-94is% (about 3.7-4.0 GPA..but this according to how GPA scored at UW..So a 3.7 GPA at another university could mean a 75%.....)

It all depends on the people that applied this year...

has anyone called waterloo to ask about quest? I just called cuz i have been waitlisted and the lady said not go to by online application status. She said to wait for letters in mid april.

Can someone else call and see what they say?

i received an offer of admission by email today from waterloo. it says that i will receive the official offer by mail in the next two weeks.

how do you know that you have been waitlisted? what is your status in quest?

has anyone called waterloo to ask about quest? I just called cuz i have been waitlisted and the lady said not go to by online application status. She said to wait for letters in mid april.

Can someone else call and see what they say?

How do you know you got waitlisted? Did it say that on quest? Or did it come up as "application" on quest? Will UW tell you you application status if you call?

I got an email from UW about an hour and a half ago saying that I got an early admission and will get the official letter in the mail later on.....I checked on Quest and it changed from a conditional admit to admit in about 12 hours....

Good luck to everyone! I'm so excited!!!!!!! unfortunately I cannot scream since I have laryngitis.....:p

I also just got that email too!!

"Congratulations! We are pleased to offer you early admission into the Doctor of Optometry program for September 2008. "
And then it goes on to tell me how to accept.

Good luck and congrats everyone!

OMG!!!WOHOOO

I got EARLY ADMISSION too!!! I'm so excited...

For all those people wondering what the condition for admission was .."completion of pre-requisite courses that are currently in progress". I'm wondering if there is any average I have to maintain..because its getting harder and harder to study for exams....:D

Congrats to everyone and I hoping for good news for all those that are still waiting!!!!

Although on quest it stills says conditional admit for me not admit. But I got the email and the proof (which I printed out immediately :)

Hey guys..to all of you accepted to waterloo, what are your stats like?? Im applying this september to most states schools and wondering if I should apply to waterloo also.

Cool thanks :) *joins*

edit: I can get to the group using the link you posted, but when I tried searching for the group without using the link I couldn't find it. Do you have it set to private or something? Maybe it can be changed so that people who don't know this forum exists can still find the group on facebook and join if they will be in the class!

congrats to all you getting in. see you in september.

to those on the waitlist, don't fret. i was once there too. you will have a long summer ahead of you waiting by that phone. but it is usually with promising results.

congrats to all you getting in. see you in september.

to those on the waitlist, don't fret. i was once there too. you will have a long summer ahead of you waiting by that phone. but it is usually with promising results.

Hey Tybuff, do you know how many ppl they usually take from the waitlist? I just wanted some more information about how many ppl are on the list and if they tell you what # you are. Thanks for your post tho. I thought that I was going to be waiting in vain but if the waitlist actually moves then I still have a shot.

Hey Tybuff, do you know how many ppl they usually take from the waitlist? I just wanted some more information about how many ppl are on the list and if they tell you what # you are. Thanks for your post tho. I thought that I was going to be waiting in vain but if the waitlist actually moves then I still have a shot.

DUring the interview day, the interviewer said there would be about 5 people on the waitlist...

For those that are accepted, do we have to accept right away or can we wait till we get the actual acceptance letter?

No we should wait for the letter before confirming on OUAC.

....I checked on Quest and it changed from a conditional admit to admit in about 12 hours....

Just wondering if anyone else had their status change from conditional admit to admit... my status definetly didn't change...

Just wondering if anyone else had their status change from conditional admit to admit... my status definetly didn't change...

My status didn't change either..but I did get an email.

does anyone know how many ppl they take from the waitlist each year? I just got notified I am #3. I hope they take 3-4 ppl from the list each year. I ask because I still have one more interview to attend. Do you guys think I should go and book my plane ticket today or should I just cancel the interview and wait for waterloo?

I dunno what to do cuz today there is a seat sale at westjet so if I book today I can save a lot of money. But if I have a good chance at getting into waterloo I would cancel my trip and save myself $600. Help me. Confused and dunno what to do :confused:

does anyone know how many ppl they take from the waitlist each year? I just got notified I am #3. I hope they take 3-4 ppl from the list each year. I ask because I still have one more interview to attend. Do you guys think I should go and book my plane ticket today or should I just cancel the interview and wait for waterloo?

I dunno what to do cuz today there is a seat sale at westjet so if I book today I can save a lot of money. But if I have a good chance at getting into waterloo I would cancel my trip and save myself $600. Help me. Confused and dunno what to do :confused:

You can never have too many back-up plans. If it's between waterloo and the one states school, I would go to that interview. Because if the waitlist doesn't move 3 spots... then what will you do? You can never be too sure... if it was me, I would go.

I just go the official letter of admission today..so UW definitely sent out the letters now...

I'm waiting on my official my letter so I was just wondering what are the specific conditions as stated in the letter of admission? Have an exam soon, want to know how worried I should be :)
thanks!

I'm waiting on my official my letter so I was just wondering what are the specific conditions as stated in the letter of admission? Have an exam soon, want to know how worried I should be :)
thanks!

All it said is that you have to finish your prequiste courses. Nothing about what marks you have to maintain...which sucks, because I want to know about the mark thing too!

Well I believe I recall being told that we had to pass our courses for the term on interview day. Pass = 50%. And I'm gonna run with that.

All it said is that you have to finish your prequiste courses. Nothing about what marks you have to maintain...which sucks, because I want to know about the mark thing too!