WCVM c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not an RVT but also applying fall 2024! I think for BC the lowest I've heard get called for interview (and based on previous forums) is a 79-80% overall not including best year, however, I know sometimes even if you get an interview they will say you sill need to get your grades up so not entirely sure on the accepted average. My advice is only to take the pre reqs you need and then take courses you enjoy/interesting arts electives maybe because those will be instantly grade boosting. I wish I did this rather than working towards a chem degree and taking courses that were impossible to do well in because I wasn't interested, in my 4th year I started taking upper level bios and psychs and did super well, so its all about what you enjoy:) As for experience you already have clinical experience under your belt so maybe work on some community involvement, hobbies, and other species? For example if you worked as a small animal tech maybe find some large animal volunteering? This is what I have heard from some technician friends who have applied!
Ive been a tech for about 6 years now and I’ve worked with large/small animals plus wildlife! Currently working ICU, so I’m not concerned about clinical experience and extra curriculars, was just curious about marks mostly. I really appreciate the academic advice! I’m trying to navigate back in, hoping for acceptance for c/o 2028.

Members don't see this ad.

This is random but do any of you know what the first year's schedule is like for winter term? Like which courses you are taking from January-April? I am curious to see if it's the same as UCVM's first year courses!

This is random but do any of you know what the first year's schedule is like for winter term? Like which courses you are taking from January-April? I am curious to see if it's the same as UCVM's first year courses!

Continuing from the fall we have anatomy, physiology, clinical skills, professional foundations, immunology, biomedical rounds, and courses starting in winter term are neuroscience, general pathology, and career seminars. How about you guys at UCVM? Hope you're doing great!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
That's awesome! Our first years have a pretty similar schedule. Continuing from fall is anatomy and histology, physiology, clinical skills, professional skills, and clinical presentations, then in winter there is epidemiology, nutrition, general pathology, and immunology.

That's awesome! Our first years have a pretty similar schedule. Continuing from fall is anatomy and histology, physiology, clinical skills, professional skills, and clinical presentations, then in winter there is epidemiology, nutrition, general pathology, and immunology.
I forgot to mention we are also taking epidemiology this fall as well! Too many to keep track of, my goodness.