WCVM c/o 2028 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cupcakeS593

Reaction score
Hey all! I thought I would start a thread for the WCVM U of S class of 2028 hopefuls. What do you think of the changing requirements?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! I thought I would start a thread for the WCVM U of S class of 2028 hopefuls. What do you think of the changing requirements?
This year only major change is Casper test correct? Booked it for November!! Anyone that has written have tips?

This year only major change is Casper test correct? Booked it for November!! Anyone that has written have tips?
Yes just casper this year I believe and then for 2025 the indigenous studies pre req and changes to worst year dropped? I think for 2025 admissions if you have a 4 or 4+ year bachelors degree they will drop your worst year!!

I took the casper in august to get it over with and didn't do as good as I hoped :( I think my biggest advice is doing the practice exams on the acuity insights website , making sure you are a fast typer, and then taking your time to read the questions and reflect - I hope you do well!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! First of all good luck to everyone applying! I came here to ask who you all have used/asked for a reference that is the non-vet reference? Ive only worked in clinical settings (big city) so do not have any agricultural type of references? Should I ask a tech or is it better to use a second vet anyway? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! First of all good luck to everyone applying! I came here to ask who you all have used/asked for a reference that is the non-vet reference? Ive only worked in clinical settings (big city) so do not have any agricultural type of references? Should I ask a tech or is it better to use a second vet anyway? Thanks in advance!
I used my manager from a different (not clinic) job because she knew me very well and in a not vet context so I thought she could give a different perspective.

Hi everyone!! Is this still the active thread for WCVM? I see another was linked here earlier in the thread, but I understand that is for a vet school in the states? Thanks for clarifying! :)

I was wondering if anyone heard any news about when the 1st/2nd round of interviews will be sent out, and when the interviews might actually take place?

I was wondering if anyone heard any news about when the 1st/2nd round of interviews will be sent out, and when the interviews might actually take place?
From what I saw in last year’s forum was 1st round offers go out in April and their interviews are beginning of May!

From what I saw in last year’s forum was 1st round offers go out in April and their interviews are beginning of May!
This was the case in my year as well! There should be updates posted on the portal with expected dates.

Hi there,

In the past, admissions has been able to provide information regarding overall GPA and best year GPA directly, along with a ranking based on previous admissions. I'm not entirely sure if they still provide this information. To get the most accurate assessment, I'd recommend reaching out to them directly at [email protected]. There isn't an official (posted) GPA conversion chart for WCVM. Hope this helps!

Have first round interview offers gone out? I heard a rumour some have received interview invites this morning!