Welch Allyn Stetopscope Tubing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr_Grabow

Please allow me to reroute your plumbing
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently given a well-used Welch Allyn Harvey DLX stethoscope. However, the tubing is breaking down to the point of being unusable. Is the only option left to buy new tubing? I have a littmann cardiology but honestly prefer the clarity of the Welch Allyn and as such want to resurrect the stethoscope. Anyone here had to replace tubing on their Welch Allyn? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

How in the world did the tubing break down? I guess it's obvious though if you can replace tubing great if not buy a new one

How in the world did the tubing break down? I guess it's obvious though if you can replace tubing great if not buy a new one
I know how ridiculous it sounds in the 21st century, but that seems to be the conscensus with Welch Allyn stethoscopes: their tubing dry rots like an old tire. The replacement tubing is at least $40, which I find outrageous for some purpose-specific tubing. But, I can hear extremely well out of this scope, so IMO she’s worth it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know how ridiculous it sounds in the 21st century, but that seems to be the conscensus with Welch Allyn stethoscopes: their tubing dry rots like an old tire. The replacement tubing is at least $40, which I find outrageous for some purpose-specific tubing. But, I can hear extremely well out of this scope, so IMO she’s worth it.
What other option do you have? Just spend the forty if you like it