What are my chances! All advice and suggestions would be very helpful!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheAveragePreMed

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted everybody's input on my situation or any advice you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. My overall GPA right now is a 3.1 with 2 more semesters left till I graduate. The GPA I hold now is due to an upward trend with the past year and a half having a GPA no less than a 3.5 per semester. I recently took my MCAT as well and scored a 512. Some of my extracurriculars include being a medical scribe and student athlete my sophomore and junior year, I've also logged in over 150 hours of research and presented my poster at 2 conferences. Should I start looking at post bacc/masters programs or should I take my chances with just applying to medical schools outright? What schools should I apply to?

Thank You in advance !

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys just wanted everybody's input on my situation or any advice you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. My overall GPA right now is a 3.1 with 2 more semesters left till I graduate. The GPA I hold now is due to an upward trend with the past year and a half having a GPA no less than a 3.5 per semester. I recently took my MCAT as well and scored a 512. Some of my extracurriculars include being a medical scribe and student athlete my sophomore and junior year, I've also logged in over 150 hours of research and presented my poster at 2 conferences. Should I start looking at post bacc/masters programs or should I take my chances with just applying to medical schools outright? What schools should I apply to?

Thank You in advance !
With 2 more semesters of 3.5 you should be able to apply to low to mid tier schools. Throw in 25-30% DO schools and you should be good.

With 2 more semesters of 3.5 you should be able to apply to low to mid tier schools. Throw in 25-30% DO schools and you should be good.

Additionally, use the wedgedog application to judge your competitiveness..