What are my chances at getting accepted to these medical schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scholarballer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
a

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's a shame that with your GPA/MCAT, you didn't have at least some research experience, which might hinder your chances at some of those research-heavy schools. My general feeling is that your list is risky. I'm assuming your state of residence is AZ, so you would probably want to get rid of Washington and UCSD as they aren't very OOS-friendly.

It's a shame that with your GPA/MCAT, you didn't have at least some research experience, which might hinder your chances at some of those research-heavy schools. My general feeling is that your list is risky. I'm assuming your state of residence is AZ, so you would probably want to get rid of Washington and UCSD as they aren't very OOS-friendly.

My thought exactly. Even before reading red doctober's post I immediately thought about your lack of research. Can you become involved in some research this year so that maybe you can send an update letter at some point later in the cycle?

Great job with your MCAT increase btw, I had something similar so I can appreciate the range of emotions that you undoubtedly went through during that roller-coaster!