What are my chances? DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KYDOhopeful

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA: 3.55
sGPA: 3.59-3.62
MCAT: 30

Throughout undergrad I had 6 Cs, 3Ds, and 1F, I retook the F and 2 of the Ds. The only one that was a science was the D, retook got a B. Got 2 Cs in both Bios, other than that Ive gotten As or B+ in sciences. 3 Ws

-Undergrad research assistant 1 year
-6 months as ER scribe
-1 year as monitor tech/nurse aide in Critical care community hospital
-20 hours shadowing MDs of different specialities
-20 hours shadowing DOs
-decent LORs
-100 hours of volunteering (medical related and others)

Be honest!

Members don't see this ad.

Chances great for ANY DO program.

cGPA: 3.55
sGPA: 3.59-3.62
MCAT: 30

Throughout undergrad I had 6 Cs, 3Ds, and 1F, I retook the F and 2 of the Ds. The only one that was a science was the D, retook got a B. Got 2 Cs in both Bios, other than that Ive gotten As or B+ in sciences. 3 Ws

-Undergrad research assistant 1 year
-6 months as ER scribe
-1 year as monitor tech/nurse aide in Critical care community hospital
-20 hours shadowing MDs of different specialities
-20 hours shadowing DOs
-decent LORs
-100 hours of volunteering (medical related and others)

Be honest!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Goro! I've been worried about those horrible grades, I had what they call "extenuating circumstances" but I still say its my fault for letting my grades get that way, got to take responsibility!
Do you have anything recommendations for my application? I really am favoring family practice, it's been the speciality I've enjoyed shadowing the most.

Chances great for ANY DO program.

Be sure to mention this in your PS or secondaries!

Do you have anything recommendations for my application? I really am favoring family practice, it's been the speciality I've enjoyed shadowing the most.