What are my chances for DO admission with a 3.35 overall and a 3.75 gpa..?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aimhigh1199

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all I posted a similar thread in the past if you answered it thank you.. if not here it goes.
I currently have a 3.35 overall gpa (could be a 3.45 with some extra classes but not guaranteed as I need all A's) and a 3.75 science gpa (could become a 3.9 with retakes). Did not take the mcat but assume a 28.

I have some red flags 4 years ago, Academic probation in Jan. 2010 and Academic dismissal from a PA professional 4 year BS PA program in May 2015 due to poor science grades. But since then I have a 3.75 and I got all A's on retakes from my previous classes.

I currently am a Registered Nurse working at a Senior center performing direct patient primary prevention tasks such as BP monitoring, health and medication counseling, referring clients to sources in the community, and implementing monthly health workshops in high need areas.
I have over 170 hrs of miscellaneous volunteering tasks (will be hopefully above a 300 by the time I apply), I have 150 hrs of volunteering from 2008 - 2013 in the ED and Geriatric units. I also have over 40 hrs of shadowing doctors: 12 from an MD and 28 from a Physical Med DO.

Do you think I have a good shot at DO admission if I apply broadly?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Where does the 28 that folks are supposed assume come from? As in, how did you arrive at that number?

Reactions: 1 users
intel, why are you posting under a new name? You've asked these questions before and gotten positive answers!!! How many times do you have to hear "yes, you're competitive???!"

Hi all I posted a similar thread in the past if you answered it thank you.. if not here it goes.
I currently have a 3.35 overall gpa (could be a 3.45 with some extra classes but not guaranteed as I need all A's) and a 3.75 science gpa (could become a 3.9 with retakes). Did not take the mcat but assume a 28.

I have some red flags 4 years ago, Academic probation in Jan. 2010 and Academic dismissal from a PA professional 4 year BS PA program in May 2015 due to poor science grades. But since then I have a 3.75 and I got all A's on retakes from my previous classes.

I currently am a Registered Nurse working at a Senior center performing direct patient primary prevention tasks such as BP monitoring, health and medication counseling, referring clients to sources in the community, and implementing monthly health workshops in high need areas.
I have over 170 hrs of miscellaneous volunteering tasks (will be hopefully above a 300 by the time I apply), I have 150 hrs of volunteering from 2008 - 2013 in the ED and Geriatric units. I also have over 40 hrs of shadowing doctors: 12 from an MD and 28 from a Physical Med DO.

Do you think I have a good shot at DO admission if I apply broadly?
Thanks.

Reactions: 1 users
intel, why are you posting under a new name? You've asked these questions before and gotten positive answers!!! How many times do you have to hear "yes, you're competitive???!"
Hahah... sorry about that... Just wanted some other thoughts... :)