What are my chances of getting into Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOGuyy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to graduate with my BS in Biochemistry with a 3.5 GPA in a week, but I'm a little young (18) so I was going to apply for a one year masters program. I also am currently doing research, I have many hours shadowing doctors, and volunteering at nursing homes, but no volunteering in a hospital setting. I also have attended a few medical mission trips (Jamaica and Thailand) shadowing doctors. I plan to start studying for my MCAT, in a week or two and plan to take it before it changes. What are my chances of getting into medical school assuming I do okay on the MCAT

Members don't see this ad.

Depending upon your state of residence, chances should be fair to good. In my experience, when we interview people < 2o years old, they tend to do poorly in interviews because they're still immature. Your gap year is a good idea.

I'm about to graduate with my BS in Biochemistry with a 3.5 GPA in a week, but I'm a little young (18) so I was going to apply for a one year masters program. I also am currently doing research, I have many hours shadowing doctors, and volunteering at nursing homes, but no volunteering in a hospital setting. I also have attended a few medical mission trips (Jamaica and Thailand) shadowing doctors. I plan to start studying for my MCAT, in a week or two and plan to take it before it changes. What are my chances of getting into medical school assuming I do okay on the MCAT